• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim0905dart

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i have a sig 229 .40 cal. non rail with a round trigger guard. i have 4 mags 2 holsters and have upgraded it with the short reset trigger and fiber optic sights. i was looking at a trade of a smith and wesson model 36 38spl. plus some cash. both guns are used, the smith shows alot more use than my sig also. I look the values up on the smiths and they go from 250-450 but when looking on all the sites i can not find one close to that price, they are all around 550-600. the guy is wanting to trade me the smith and 200 dollars and i dont feel it is a good deal. any input?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    IF you don't like the trade, don't do it.

Something's only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Online sources aren't the final say on pricing. If you're checking auction sites, it's important to see what prices things are actually selling at. I can list a glock 17 for $800 but it isn't going to sell at that.

tim0905dart

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thats a given, its very subjective when it comes to pricing. when i said i looked uo prices, i looked up the blue book value then compared it to the auction sites. blue book puts it pretty low. im not looking to rip anyone off, just want a fair deal, and i dont deal with revolvers that often.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    A model 36, no dash, flat latch, original numbered grips, with original box & docs, in 100% condition, has considerably more value than a later model 36 with non original grips, no box, 50% wear. Then there are barrel length considerations, etc. Are you trying to establish a fair deal? If so, an accurate assessment of each gun's value is essential. Sometimes though, fellows just want what the other guy has, and value has no consideration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom