• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of you may have seen me on the report on ch 3 news concerning the proposed concrete crushing facility on the property of J Miller Construction. I feel pretty confident we may have a victory there.

However, this same company operates heavy equipment on a daily bases sometimes within 50' of my home. Just yesterday they were running a bull dozer back and forth very close to my house all morning, shaking the foundation with every pass. This plus dump trucks, excavators and backhoes and their accompanying back up beepers are what I get to hear all day long, daylight to dark.

I've of course contacted the county commissioner but had no reply. I am circulating a petition around the neighborhood for a cease and desist order but really don't think that will get their attention. I'm afraid I'm going to have to seek a lawyer if I can find one that will buck the government.

Anybody have any other ideas? As it stands the entire neighborhood is going to have to tolerate this noise and vibrations the rest of our lives while Miller enriches himself at our misery.

Rick

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    How did they get to open near a neighborhood in the first place? OR were they there first? 50' it real close, how about pollution as in noise and air quality, diesel spills, trash?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Rick, Move to jay, I don't have that problem and I even see deer in my back yard. Do have Navy planes come other some., loud trucks come by sometimes. Just my 5 cents jj

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Come on fellas, we need to ease all these ridiculous restrictions on businesses so the can keep people working.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did they get to open near a neighborhood in the first place? OR were they there first? 50' it real close, how about pollution as in noise and air quality, diesel spills, trash?

No, they just moved here a couple of years ago and immediately absorbed the abandoned county property buffer between us. Their property was zoned for heavy construction long ago but having that kind of constant heavy equipment activity not only destroys the peace and tranquility of the neighborhood, also diminished property value and health concerns.

JJ, if I could afford to move I would, wouldn't be back to Santa Rosa county though. If a couple of whiners could get the model airplane field shut down for noise a hundred times less offensive than what's being generated next door then there may be a ray of hope. The model field was in operation for 12 years before the subdivision was built.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have to contain there dust or it is an epa violation. You can also hit them up for noise pollution and if the the dozer vibration cracks your foundation they will have to repair or buy you out. Spend some money on a good attorney.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just had a conversation with my young neighbor two houses down, I just though I was pissed, this girl is beyond that 10 fold.

It's on !!!!!

Rick

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Time for neighborhood petitions like was done on the land fill off Cerny rd,,EPA and Lawyers jumped in when eyes were opened,,,Kids were awarded $ for the loss of sanity safety and heath issues best I remember. fingers crossed and wishing you some luck ,,Rick fr olecarver

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Take some videos showing the noise. Set a glass of water somewhere in your house where the shaking can be felt and video the shaking water surface. Might come in handy.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good replies!

My neighborhood in Cantonment has taken our dispute to county commision meetings regarding zoning. A property owned by previous Commissioner Wilson Robertson is revealing the time tested buddy-buddy system.
    It's great fun to see those fellas squirm when our big guns get up to speak and point out the unspoken/deflected trueths.

Good luck to you Rick!
    Looks like you have a powerful allie with your young neighbor to get the neighborhood mobilized.

Top Bottom