• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never saw slide lock back and Grover is moving towards door with what appears to be a hot gun and he should know. I have not found any mention of his specific handgun. Could be a double stack Para Ord or a Sig/glock/other. Top view of slide looks pretty wide for a 1911 though it could be a Sig slab contour slide. What ever it is, he is good enough with it.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, if it was a Sig or Para, it would've jammed, so... LOL.
    We'll take away from it what we will. For me personally, I see him pulling the trigger as fast as possible and only stopped shooting because he went dry and his slide didn't lock back. To me, it's a reminder to carry high capacity. But again that's just me. Props to the gentleman regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looked to me that he used the "spray and pray" technique. Mr. Jeff Cooper would not be pleased.
    If your SD training hinges on "just go ahead and put 'em all in the air and the BG will most likely run into at least one",you most likely either need more training or a PMR-30 with two mags taped together. . . . . possibly both.
    But . . . . . ? . . . . . . as I type this I have a Glock 32 on my side and a spare Glock 31 mag in my backpack.

Soooooooo . . . . ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I love to see all the employee's at a gunshop armed. Like at Jay's on Garden St.,all have a CWP and have been through Jay's designated rep course in Baker.
    You just gotta remember,if the shit goes down stay out of the crossfire or add to it. If I am in any gunshop that a BG enters brandishing a firearm,I will consider my life in danger and react accordingly. --- SAWMAN

johnhilterman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This turned out VERY WELL obviously and I'm not armchair quarterbacking this but what do you guys think about the ole "never draw on a drawn gun" theory? BG's attention was focused completely on the owner when he drew and engaged. I'm thinking he got incredibly lucky not taking any hits since it didn't look like he made any attempt to get off the X. Should he have waited for a more opportune time to covertly draw? Thoughts?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sometimes mental and physical reflex takes over unless you make a conscious decision to hold back. Sometimes folks get killed "just cause" or a desire for no wittiness but we can't read minds either. Holding back from drawing is considered prudent but no guarantee you won''t get shot anyway. A move to take cover would be viewed as non compliant but possibly defensive, that provides time and concealment to draw. Your only wrong if you die with a holstered gun. Its all a roll of the dice. IMHO

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom