• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    South FL politicians trying to make a name for themselves. "Being tough on guns" is a good liberal propaganda catch phrase come re-election time.
    That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The lawmaker concede chance of passage near zero! Who cares?

We still need to pay attention to this stuff. They'll fling shit all day long and it's a bonus if any of it sticks. Like CA has shown, they won't stop with a specific piece of legislation, they'll keep pushing.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We still need to pay attention to this stuff. They'll fling shit all day long and it's a bonus if any of it sticks. Like CA has shown, they won't stop with a specific piece of legislation, they'll keep pushing.

Agreed. The death by a thousand cut's! I'm still waiting on the bill to pass deleting Suppressors from the NFA list, lol

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    OK, so do I panic or not ?
    I've got 10 ARs in my cart and need to know whether to push "submit order".

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brand new legislators trying to pad their resume.

This has no chance of advancing. However, SB 140 is our hope for open carry and for shortening the list of gun free zones in Florida. That bill (SB 140) needs your phone calls and emails.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pulse night club, Ft Lauderdale, Orlando police shooting....these will all be issues used to advance this type of garbage. Add to that eager and misguided politicians and an indifferent populous and backroom midnight deals are brokered that take away these rights. Need to slap these people that "work for us" whenever they take up these types of topics.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Pulse night club, Ft Lauderdale, Orlando police shooting....these will all be issues used to advance this type of garbage. Add to that eager and misguided politicians and an indifferent populous and backroom midnight deals are brokered that take away these rights. Need to slap these people that "work for us" whenever they take up these types of topics.

AMEN

this will be doa in my view

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Researchers have transformed normally timid lab mice into snapping, super-efficient killers by manipulating circuits in the brain's "fear center" — the amygdala. Their findings show just where the predatory mechanism comes from in the brain, and show that, in mice, anyway, it links the muscles of the jaw, shoulder and forelimb.

could this be what triggers shooters?\ put the tin foil hat on to read

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-starts-brain-n706361?cid=public-rss_20170113

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Brand new legislators trying to pad their resume.

This has no chance of advancing. However, SB 140 is our hope for open carry and for shortening the list of gun free zones in Florida. That bill (SB 140) needs your phone calls and emails.

Yea I don't see it happening either, but if they start this S@#$% in Florida I will pick and move probably Texas. Still no Income tax there. We will have the house paid off this year and I would just rent it and go.

My job allows me to live anywhere in the world.

Just Saying @Florida Get you act together.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    rifle bans...

http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/28/fourth-circuits-support-assault-weapon-bans-may-end/?ref=yfp

In February, the Fourth Circuit upheld Maryland’s ban on so-called “assault weapons” in Kolbe v. Hogan. The law targeted firearms by name and by reference to cosmetic features (pistol grips, flash suppressors, etc.), and the ability to accept magazines that hold more than 10 cartridges. The broad proscription outlawed many of America’s most popular sporting arms, including AR-pattern rifles.
    While few were surprised the Fourth Circuit upheld Maryland’s desire to restrict its citizens’ right to bear arms, it chose to do so by ignoring Supreme Court precedent. The 2008 case of DC v. Heller held that weapons “in common use at the time for lawful purposes” were protected by the Second Amendment.

Instead of following clear guidance protecting the common and wildly popular firearms encompassed in Maryland’s ban, the Fourth Circuit found the weapons unprotected, despite their common and lawful use, because of cosmetic similarity to military rifles. The Fourth Circuit’s wild departure in Kolbe may be what finally forces the Supreme Court to rule on state “assault weapon” regulations once and for all.

more in link

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This bill (HB 167) and its related bill in the Senate (SB 254) have been referred to their committees, but have not been place on any committee agenda yet. Good possibility that neither bill will even be heard in several of the requisite committees. With that said, it's important to get in touch with Senate President Joe Negron and request that he intervene in the Senate Judiciary Committee where Republican Senator Anitere Flores is stonewalling all pro-gun legislation that comes through that committee.

negron.joe@flsenate.gov

Top Bottom