• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all hope I'm posting this in the right place. Could one of you reloading or old milsurp experts explain to this newb what "323 non ww2 dimensions" means? I know there were bore variations between WW1 and WW2 with intro of the spritzer type projectile, but I also bought that 8mm Mauser JS is what you wanted if you wanted to stretch out your old k98. Here is a link to the ammo I'm talking about.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...ign=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com
    I have also read that new production ammo isn't loaded to original spec so your running about 30-30 power outta the 8mm new stuff as opposed if you are running the original or surplus rounds loaded to full snuff.
    Just trying to learn something new.
    Thanks gents

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well that's a new one on me. I do know the earlier rifles used a .318 diameter bullet, like the old 88 commission rifle, but all the WWII 98s should use the .323. Let us know if you find out what they mean.

Rick

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey shootnstarz yeah its weird. Maybe a mis label or something of the sort. I don't remember the stamp code for re worked barrels for the new diameter bullet, but reason stands to say that 8mm manufactured after WW2 whether surplus or commercial would be in the .323 diameter. The joys of the military firearms system lol

Top Bottom