• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fiftycal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps a bit off topic - But I think what we really is to pass the SPA (Schumer Protection Act) - A bill that will legislatively protect our 2nd Amendment Rights from further attack & subsequent erosion by Senator Charles Schumer.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I own 7 suppressors... 4 Gemtechs, 2 YHMs, and 1 AAC. I like them all!!!. I bought the AAC a year ago and got it less than half of what they wanted a while ago. Good deal for sure would have never paid retail for an AAC. My fav is the YHM Ti-QD rated up to 300 win mag.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So... if this law passes, will it then be legal to make your own suppressor, if you don't sell it to anyone, the way you can make your own gun?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    And in the time this thread has been active, I purchased, filed and received the stamp for my Omega9K.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So... if this law passes, will it then be legal to make your own suppressor, if you don't sell it to anyone, the way you can make your own gun?

Depends on how it's written when/if it passes. One version wants to treat them like normal firearms. In that instance, I'd guess you could do the same thing with unserialized firearms. That's just a guess. Another version wants to treat them as accessories. Not controlled at all.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Read my post #8 from 1.5 years ago. It's still true. Considering the current political climate, it still will not pass.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The question was asked when this thread was started 1.5 years ago and it doesn't look like we're any closer to suppressors not being an NFA item!
    Correct, and I’ve happily purchased two more suppressors in that time. While the waiters will keep on waiting...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think we're passed what would have been the best timing to get something through. Dems don't like guns and a lot of repubs seem to have realized they don't have to support gun rights, because who else are gun guys going to vote for?

ETA: I'd very much like to be incorrect, along with Fanner.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Correct, and I’ve happily purchased two more suppressors in that time. While the waiters will keep on waiting...

What Dan and Little Jack's said. Spend the $200.00 for the stamp and get your suppressor already! The bill will not pass no matter what "we" do. It is DOA. Yes, I would like to be incorrect too, but reality says different.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Money's tight with one son in college. My interest in a suppressor is for my 11 year old, he's doesn't like loud noises. Flinches with gun shots even wearing headphones for hearing protection. So is it $200 for a stamp every time you buy a suppressor?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Money's tight with one son in college. My interest in a suppressor is for my 11 year old, he's doesn't like loud noises. Flinches with gun shots even wearing headphones for hearing protection. So is it $200 for a stamp every time you buy a suppressor?
    Yep.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes Sir

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    On a form 1 it's my understanding if you buy a threaded adapter to make your own suppressor only the threaded portion needs to be nfa approved? Would give more leniency on what you can do for different calibers for the same threaded adapter......

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    On a form 1 it's my understanding if you buy a threaded adapter to make your own suppressor only the threaded portion needs to be nfa approved? Would give more leniency on what you can do for different calibers for the same threaded adapter......

There's some linguistic gymnastics with manufacturer vs maker and what constitutes "extra" parts. When you start talking multiple tubes/ cores/ baffle stacks in different sizes for one thread adapter that's not going to fly.

Top Bottom