• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have seen a billboard or two for it. Anybody have any insight as to what it is?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    12 bucks and "no gun sales" . . . . ? . . . . think i'll pass on this show.
    Why would prepping and survival NOT have anything to do about guns,ammo,reloading,hunting,fishing,etc,etc.
    Sounds like it's all about freeze drying food and digging a bomb shelter.
    The sky is falling. The world is gonna end. Zombies everywhere. ----SAWMAN

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing wrong with slow moving zombies!!! It's those fast ones that kinda freak me out.......

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rode over to the " Rugged Earth " @ 4024 Mobile Hwy ....survival and military surplus store the other day....Met the guy who owns it ....Helluva nice guy ....He does have a tons and tons of stuff....Pelican cases or all sorts....Ammo cans by the pallets....and tons of assorted military stuff..lot of things I had no idea what it was used for....Guess it just depends on what your looking for.....Anyway, he said that he would be at the show.....But "Sawman" is right....$12.00 to get in and probably nothing that goes "BANG" !!!

PS.....Sawman...if your looking for an in ground bunker....I have already dug the hole....I will sell you the hole cheap....You just gotta come pick it up !!!

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uhhhhhh ...... does the hole come with the "sail boat fuel" already in it ??

Of course..... as much of it as you want....I also have a right side "Jackson Rod" ...The model that contains the deluxe " Flutter Valve ".....I have misplaced the owners manuals but I am sure you could check it out on YouTube (After you pay me the cash ) and you would be set.....

When did you want to run by and pick it up ....

daveb6332

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife and I showed up out of curiosity. Never been to one before. When we found out it was $12 for admission or $14 if you used or credit or debit card we turned around. That explained the lack of cars in the parking lot. That was too bad. I was prepared to pay up to $8 but $12 was just too much.

SConnor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought about going, but $12 is a lot when you don't know what's there. I was hoping someone on the forum would go and spread the word whether it was worth it. If it's anything like the gun shows around here, I'd rather save the admission for something not overpriced that my collection can use.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I did not go but one of my coworkers went and said it was kind of a flop. He said that the place was not filled up with vendors like at the gun show and that the ones that were there were real pushing in trying to make a sale. He mentioned one or two interesting items but that's about it.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You could just go by the place called " Rugged Earth " on 4024 Mobile Hwy....and see about everything that was at the show....I posted above about going by there last week....I talked to the owner about GCGF ...He may post on here at some point...But has a warehouse full of "Stuff"....and better yet " No Coverage Charge !!! "
    It's just after you pass over the bridge.....going west.... that goes over the railroad tracks on Cervantes/Mobile Hwy....

I thought about going, but $12 is a lot when you don't know what's there. I was hoping someone on the forum would go and spread the word whether it was worth it. If it's anything like the gun shows around here, I'd rather save the admission for something not overpriced that my collection can use.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hit rugged earth today and was impressed at all the stuff he had. Super nice guy as was said above. Going to pick up about 20-30 ammo cans from him cause the price was right. Give him a look!

SConnor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 for Rugged Earth! Super nice guy, gave discount for law enforcement. Definitely going back when I have some money to spend. Good prices on gun/rifle cases, MOLLE backpacks, camping equipment, firearm accessories. I think the LE discount was kind of last minute thought, but I appreciated it nonetheless.

He indicated business is slow and seemed to be struggling a little. He asked what he could do to spike sales. I told him it takes time to get the word out about new businesses. I think military/1st responder discounts would help. I think a lot of us here on this forum would like to see a local business like this do well, so go check it out and spread the word!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It doesn't cost any thing to post on the forum. Alot of local guys would probably stop by to take advantage of specials and general needs.
    I'm going to stop by tomorrow. Always like to support local business.

Top Bottom