• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gander Mountain Launches Firearms Sale in Anticipation of Clinton Victory

By Brian Freeman | Monday, 24 Oct 2016 01:24 PM

The Gander Mountain chain store has launched a huge "Election Sale" on firearms, using the fear of gun advocates that a Hillary Clinton presidency would limit their rights in an attempt to boost sales.

The Washington Examiner reports that the advertisement by Gander, which has 162 stores in 27 states, features AR-style rifles and semi-automatic pistols beside the industry's #GUNVOTE logo developed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).

The flier also urges people to "exercise your rights," offering sales on firearms, ammunition and accessories.

The #GUNVOTE campaign is backed several major gun makers, whose products are offered by Gander for as much as $100 off.

The advertising angle is similar to one carried out by a Las Vegas gun store earlier this month, as reported by Bloomberg, which created wide-spread media coverage.

The National Rifle Association, NSSF and industry leaders have warned voters that candidates such as Clinton want to ban guns.

Over the past decade, two factors have been linked to sharp increases in gun sales, including fear for one's safety after high-profile mass shootings, Money reports.

The other factor has been concern among firearm advocates that possible gun reform measures endorsed by progressive politicians like President Barack Obama and Clinton will make it more difficult to buy weapons.

The Washington Free Beacon reported earlier this month that the FBI processed more gun-related background checks through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) in September than any other on record.

This is considered one of the most accurate metrics for judging gun sales, because virtually all sales made through licensed gun dealers must include a NICS check.

drew

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel like the real sale should be on ammo honestly...maybe we'll see some sales going on for that too.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I won't buy anything from Gander Mountain due to their predatory pricing policies! The hand sanitizer that they have as you come in the store is actually a lubricant! They should pass out cigarettes to customers as they leave the business!

Ranger19

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is hard to believe how high their prices are. Last week I bought an item in Wal Mart for
    $47.95. The same item in Gander Mountain today was $67.94. A box of 7mm WSM was
    $49.99 vs $39.99 @ Bass Pro.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    They sell sig p229 mags for $74.99. That is for one 12 round .40 mag. You can buy the same mag direct from sig for about $40 if you call and talk to them. Im sure you could get them cheaper other places. Twice the price at gander is insane

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's what I love about having a Smart Phone. I rarely buy any major items that cost more than a few dollars in big box stores anymore. I find something I like at the store and then look up pricing for the same item online on my phone. 99% of the time I find it considerably cheaper somewhere online (more often than not it's Amazon) and order while still in the store and 2 days later it arrives at my house!

Top Bottom