5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    H&R Tamer 20 ga

Foley, AL

(828) 342-3713

$200 FS/FT

Like new shotgun has less than 10 shells through it. Box and manual included. FTF in Baldwin County only. Would also consider trade for a .22 mag rifle of Yeti type cooler.

IMG_0686.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
      IMG_0686.jpg
      567.9 KB · Views: 230
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Can I buy a shotgun across state lines ?? Most likely not. Wish you were in Flah-Dah.
    Best of luck with your sale sir. ---SAWMAN

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A long gun you can if you go through a licensed dealer. There is one just South of Nine Mile on 29 that has done them for me before.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Could I meet a seller at a FFL in Ala,do the paperwork,take possession of the weapon,and come back to Fla with it. OR . . . . Does it have to be transferred from owner, to Ala FFL, to Fla FFL,then I pick it up from the Fla FFL ???
    Sorry guys . . . . this is all new to me. ---SAWMAN

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Could I meet a seller at a FFL in Ala,do the paperwork,take possession of the weapon,and come back to Fla with it. OR . . . . Does it have to be transferred from owner, to Ala FFL, to Fla FFL,then I pick it up from the Fla FFL ???
    Sorry guys . . . . this is all new to me. ---SAWMAN

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. This is the info I was given by some very knowledgeable FFL's regarding interstate sales and is what I've been using for the past few years. Be careful who you trust. I've been given some very wrong info in the past by some local (Pensacola) FFL's.

ALL interstate sales of firearms require an FFL transfer.

Since this is a long gun, you can meet 5lima30ret at an FFL in either AL or FL. You'll have to fill out a 4473 form and pay whatever transfer fee the FFL requires, then you can walk out with the gun. They'll file the paperwork, just like if you had bought a gun directly from them.

If this were a handgun, the info is the same, except that the FFL must be in the buyer's state (FL in this case).

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way TennJeep1618 is surely the safest way, however I'm fairly sure the ATF rules allow the private sell of a long gun across state lines, but the purchase actually has to occur at the seller residence. Not completely sure why it is written this way, but some stretch it to mean an agreed upon location. That is a big stretch. Seller's residence to me means the sellers house or apartment, and I believe that's what it means to the ATF also!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The way TennJeep1618 is surely the safest way, however I'm fairly sure the ATF rules allow the private sell of a long gun across state lines, but the purchase actually has to occur at the seller residence. Not completely sure why it is written this way, but some stretch it to mean an agreed upon location. That is a big stretch. Seller's residence to me means the sellers house or apartment, and I believe that's what it means to the ATF also!
    https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-a...on-receive-firearm-his-or-her-state-he-or-she

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    TennJeep is correct.
    I bought a long gun from a guy in Foley last year.
    I went over there and filled out the paperwork at an FFL in Foley and left with the gun.
    I called the ATF just to make sure it was OK before I did this and was assured that it was fine.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    SAWMAN I have an FFL here in AL who would be happy to do the transfer. (BTW, he wouldn't do it if it wasn't 100% legal and neither would I.)

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Minus one for gun owners and this is only the beginning. I read it yesterday and sure enough, Tennjeep is correct. A couple years back I read it because someone had a Rem 700 in Mobile I wanted and it said what I said it said, unless I dreamed it!-:) But the seller wanted to meet somewhere, so I didn't do it. Write it on your calendar, it is only a matter of time, and probably not much time, that all sells will have to go through an FFL.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I trust TennJeeps advice. That's exactly what I've been told by AL FFLs too. I also was given bad advice by two FFLs in Pensacola and one in Crestview.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not sure why but AL FFL's seem to all be up to speed on the law, however several FFL's in Pensacola area won't do those transfers and they don't seem to be very well informed of the law. Hmmm.....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not sure why but AL FFL's seem to all be up to speed on the law, however several FFL's in Pensacola area won't do those transfers and they don't seem to be very well informed of the law. Hmmm.....

That has been my experience as well, except for Larry at Ammunition Sales in Pensacola. He knows his stuff.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not really up on the long gun stuff. Have bought several pistols/revos at the Robertsdale gun show and they have to transfer them to a FFL in Fla. I had to pick them up at Mike's. Even with my Fla CWP.
    Just wanna stay legal here. Thanks for all the info guys. Good discussion. --- SAWMAN

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not really up on the long gun stuff. Have bought several pistols/revos at the Robertsdale gun show and they have to transfer them to a FFL in Fla. I had to pick them up at Mike's. Even with my Fla CWP.
    Just wanna stay legal here. Thanks for all the info guys. Good discussion. --- SAWMAN

That is because they were handguns. If they had been long guns you would do the 4473 and walk out the door with your long gun. (For example you can walk into a gun store in AL and purchase a long gun using your FL ID do the 4473 and drive home across the state line with your new gun.) I have seen it at my LGS.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep . . . know about long guns. Just needed accurate info on the pistol/revo thing. Wanted to stay waaaaay above the law.
    Thanks for all the info guys. --- SAWMAN

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom