• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am looking to get a few more mags before the end of the month and I saw some Polish steel mags on the Aim Surplus sight pretty cheap. Anybody have any input on these? I assume they will lock up ok in my Wasr? I do want to stick with the metal mags. Thanks in advance.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're combloc steel for $11 they would have to be in pretty horrible shape to not be worth the money. Polish mags are generally good mags.

From what I've read the outside of the mags are refinished and generally good shape (few reported with dents). The internals are original, some have rust, sand etc... I'm going to order some and some bakes next time I place an AIM order

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks for the reply. I did some youtube watching and everybody seems to say they function good. I am not too worried about appearances, its an AK.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mine don't have any wobble at all in my WASR. Ordered four, they look brand new from the refinishing. One does not fit, too tight. I'm going to try sanding off the paint at the top to see if that helps.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mine don't have any wobble at all in my WASR. Ordered four, they look brand new from the refinishing. One does not fit, too tight. I'm going to try sanding off the paint at the top to see if that helps.
    Right, depends on how drunk the monkey was when enlarging the magwell from single stack to "proper" dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    "All" of my AK mags fit except for this new Polish one. I think it's the magazine.

It is. This batch of Poles from AIM has ridiculously thick paint. They look pretty nice, but a lot of people have reported having to shave off layers of paint in order for the lugs to even engage the mag catch or fit in their magazine well. Just check it over for rust spots underneath the paint (weird bubbly looking areas), fit and file as necessary til it locks in, and you'll have a perfectly serviceable magazine. Can't go wrong with combloc steel.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom