• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ballistic Firedot on bottom. I draws my eye to center faster and it may sound odd but I think it tells your brain your in the zone faster then the precise intersection of the crosshair.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I own 3 of the Leupold VX-R series of scopes. All mine are the duplex reticle.
    Two suggestions: 1. Always shoot with the dot turned on. It seems to draw your eye to the center somewhat faster than normal. 2. Opt for the 50mm models vs the 40mm. Two of my scopes are a 3-9X. One is 40mm and one is 50mm. The 50mm is much better in low light conditions. Especially when used with the dot set at just the right brightnes. ---SAWMAN

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I already own a VXR Patrol 1.25-4x20 that I love. Almost got rid of it and I know I would have been pissed if I had. I really do like the ballistic reticle with the circle but was wondering if the circle would cover too much of the animal making it hard for a precise shot? Who the he'll knows when I will be even make it out to the woods again but I'd like to put something with some magnification on this new AR I just built. Would be more for bench shooting right now, but eventually for the woods as well..

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Knowing the difference between First or Second Focal Plane, which type your selections have, and what your reticle does as magnification changes will give the answer. A weapon system will never shoot groups smaller then what the center of the cross hairs cover at a given distance as it would only be luck to hit more precisely then you can aim, IMHO. A 3X9 should fit your listed applications.

Top Bottom