• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I wanted to do a quick write-up of a recent course I took with JJ, oneshot on the forum. I have taken a few classes with him before and wanted continue some training with him. First off the guy is very knowledgeable and teaches the course with a "no frills" approach to shooting. His course, like others I've taken, follow a certain curriculum but allow for the student/s to set the pace.

Here's a summary of the skills worked on during this course:
    • review of fundamentals- draw, sight picture, sight alignment and acquisition
    • draw and reload from concealment
    • moving to and shooting from cover
    • transitioning between targets (static and while on the move)
    • drills using a shot timer
    This is just my short review of the course, there were other elements to the class that I'm sure oneshot can add or take away based on those who are taking the course. For me, this is a next level class to just your Intro/CCW class. The expectation of this course is that you are familiar with your firearm and that you have experience in draw/shoot, manipulation, malfunction check, and trigger time behind it.
    For those who are looking for a course to find the weak points in their CCW skills, this is it. You will walk away with homework and some good practice ideas for the range and dry-fire drills for the house.

JW

Top Bottom