• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need some help coming up with a better way to store all of my general gun and reloading stuff.

Right now my main storage area looks like this:

20150321_205219_zpsahe8yxkf.jpg

But it has become even more cluttered in the last year+ since this photo was taken. I need some ideas for a lot of storage with good ways to organize magazines, holsters, small gun parts, reloading dies, load data books, chronograph, tripods, gun bags, powder, primers, bullets, brass, etc.

What do you guys use for this type of storage?

Edit: Storage needs to be non-permanent. As great as it would be to mount cabinets to the walls, I don't plan on staying in this house much longer and will need to easily turn this room back into a bedroom when we sell.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Pretty close to my setup. It's an organized mess, works for my lifestyle right now...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pretty close to my setup. It's an organized mess, works for my lifestyle right now...

Besides that shelf with baskets (which is now overflowing), the shelf underneath my workbench is also full. Primers, powder and other nonsense are stacked up on top of my safe, I've got a small shelf for misc ammo storage, a small plastic cabinets in my closet that's full of parts....

It may be time for a mass yard sale, in addition to better storage.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I need a small shed in the backyard to make some more room in the garage. My gun room plans were overridden and it's now a library/study for school work. Maybe when I retire...

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need a small shed in the backyard to make some more room in the garage. My gun room plans were overridden and it's now a library/study for school work. Maybe when I retire...

I had to resort to putting brass in my shed this past weekend. Got about 5 buckets worth in there at the moment. I just like having all of my other stuff in a climate controlled environment.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    True. I wouldn't want my reloading setup in my garage. I get inspired by looking at gun room pics online...

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Increase amount of shelves on cabinet , lots of air space ! On bottom 2 split shelves to put baskets on top of each other . Space top shelves 2-3 for 3-4 dies on top of each other , 3-4 boxes of bullets Etc , place 1/2 " supports for strength , if pressboard be cautious , place supports with dab of glue before nails , screws , 2.5-5 gal buckets with lids from bakery $1-2. For storage of brass . Label or pictures on containers . image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      485.4 KB · Views: 936
    Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Surplus Warehouse has unfinished wood upper and lower cabinets for sale. You coat them with sander sealer then screw them to the wall using deck screws into the studs. Use two 2x12s with a 1x2 between, glued together with pipe clamps, then screw and glue a 2x8 upright to the back and screw it to the wall. Cheap cabinets and a bench top. When you want to move, unscrew the cabinets and counter top, remove, then patch holes with spackle, sand and paint, like they were never there.
    Ed

Attachments

• Cabinets open Center to S end 2.jpg
      Cabinets open Center to S end 2.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 9,798

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    After a lifetime of being told to go to my corner , this helped ,my reloading station .adding under table storage Etc . maxfold image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      142.9 KB · Views: 863

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess I should clarify.

First, that is an old picture of the shelf. It's much more full now. I could add more shelves, but I'd prefer to get away from the particleboard completely. I don't really like the idea of shelves anyway, because of all the small individual parts I need to store (hence the baskets).

Second, as much as I'd love cabinets, that's more effort than I want to expend (both installing and removing). Plus, I've only got room for probably 2 cabinets side-by-side, and I'm thinking there is probably a more efficient solution.

I thought about a large chest of drawers (or two) with drawer dividers, but I'm not sure that is as efficient as it could be. I feel like those deep drawers would lead to a lot of empty space.

This is an older picture of my bench, in the opposite corner of the room as the shelf pictured above. My safe and ammo shelf take up another corner, and the door is the the last corner.

20150712_152457_zpsktdsgkfx.jpg

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take the bipod on the bottom shelf. That should clear some room for ya.
    Can the stuff be hung up at all? Installing a peg board would let you place hooks and or shelves/drawers all along it and maximize the space.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Pegboard ! They have stainless and some that looks like stainless . A wood frame that attaches to table , no holes in wall , lag bolts to attach . Bass is small enough to attach wit no problem .

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'll give ya $5 for the TV, that'll clear up that wall.

Depending on what small stuff your talking about storing, you could swing by Harbor Freight and pick up some of those Akron Bins for the top of your bench. And if your an NRA member(I'm sure you are) theirs a 20% coupon in The National Rifleman every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got two walls in my shop with several of these units. Akro Mils bin system. You buy the panels then the bins which come in various colors and sizes..

In fact if you want to buy the bins Brant I could be persuaded to be really nice to you on two extra wall panels I have stored.

Stock photos, not my shop.

Attachments

• 30430294.jpg
      30430294.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 225
    • b08f39dccddefd4c02ed5a8e36648128.jpg
      b08f39dccddefd4c02ed5a8e36648128.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 221

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't, guess I should give any advice on this one. I would show you a pit on how to set up a reloading room but I'm a hoarder. All I have is a small trail to get around in, Just my 5 cents jj

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't, guess I should give any advice on this one. I would show you a pit on how to set up a reloading room but I'm a hoarder. All I have is a small trail to get around in, Just my 5 cents jj

Definitely don't take any storage advice from JJ unless it's how to get the most stuff in a given amount of space.

Top Bottom