Patriot Mobile

NRA Board of Directors 2017 (I'm running)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SuperMoose

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    11539732_112155992457524_3246584465338885050_n.jpg

Hello! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Adam Kraut and I’m running for election to the NRA Board of Directors. I’ve decided to run for the Board because I believe that the NRA needs the next generation of Second Amendment Advocates to become involved in the direction of the organization.

I reside in the great state of Pennsylvania, the Keystone state, which is home to the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution. Pennsylvania has excellent firearms laws including state preemption, shall issue License to Carry Firearms, Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground, and the ability to own just about every type of firearm out there save for explosives. Article 1 Section 21 of our State Constitution states “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.” Yet, time and time again, politicians from Philadelphia and those funded by Bloomberg money attempt to infringe on the rights of our citizens not only here in PA but on a national level.

I currently work two jobs. I’m the general manager of a gun shop in the suburbs of Philadelphia and I’m also an attorney who has focused my entire practice around firearms related matters. Some days of the week I spend arming the free world and other days I fight back against unconstitutional laws and regulations from behind a desk or educating my fellow citizens at firearms law seminars. I’ve spent countless unpaid hours writing comments in opposition to proposed regulatory rule changes and have also engaged in litigation both at the state and federal level regarding firearms issues. I’m also the host of the show called The Legal Brief which airs weekly on The Gun Collective. I also frequently appear on the podcast This Week in Guns on the Firearms Radio Network.

So why should you vote for me? My experience behind the gun counter as well as a member of the firearms community puts me in a unique position to see many of the issues facing our community. I’ve been a member of the NRA since 2009 and have been a life member since 2012. Since my departure from high school, I’ve been politically active when it comes to preserving and expanding firearms rights. I have taken trips out to Harrisburg to lobby my state legislature, called and written my federal representatives, and encouraged others to become involved in the process. At the shop, every time there is legislation being debated that would affect firearms rights, I educate the employees as to why they should call their representatives, request they call their respective representatives while at work and encourage our customers to do the same.

I’ve also included a list of companies and people who have endorsed me in my campaign for the board below. I’ve already earned the trust from numerous individuals located all around the country. I believe I can earn yours too if given the opportunity.

Too many times I hear people my age groan and moan that the NRA does not represent them or their interests. The NRA seems to be a generation behind when it comes to representing gun owners. In order to prevail and remain relevant, the NRA needs younger people to guide the organization to encourage those who are my age and younger to not only join, but to FIGHT. Those who oppose firearms rights are nimble, well funded and unrelenting. Too often the NRA is being reactive instead of proactive.

If you elect me to the board, you can rest assured you have a friend who believes that NFA firearms (including machine guns) are guaranteed to the people in the Second Amendment. You’ll have an advocate who understands what the next generation of Second Amendment advocates wants the NRA to say and do. And most importantly, you’ll have a person who is willing to listen to the ideas of members in order to make it happen.

I would be honored for your support in this endeavor.

Step 1: I need 250 signatures from qualifying members to get on the 2017 ballot. I need to have all petitions returned to me by September 20th to ensure the signatures are valid. In order to sign the petition you MUST either be a life member (or higher) or have been a NRA member for 5 continuous years. If you choose to download a petition (available here), it MUST be printed on LEGAL paper (8.5”x14”) and completed EXACTLY as it is depicted in the SAMPLE PETITION for it to be valid.

Step 1: COMPLETED with over 550 signatures and more petitions still arriving!

Step 2: Once I have been added to the ballot, I will need your votes in order to be elected to the board. The ballots are mailed out in the February edition of the NRA magazine you choose to receive. When you get your ballot, please vote for myself and other members you wish to see on the board. Remember, if you vote for less people instead of the maximum 25, there is a better chance I’ll make it to the board. I appreciate the support and look forward to serving you!

For more information check out my Facebook Page which will keep you up to date on all the latest.

I look forward to being able to serve you!

Endorsements

• Prince Law Offices
    • Firearms Industry Consulting Group
    • King Shooters Supply
    • Rockwell Tactical Group
    • Kinetic Development Group
    • SB Tactical
    • The Range at Austin
    • The Gun Collective
    • Four Guys Guns
    • MultiTasker Tools
    • New Frontier Armory
    • B5 Systems
    • Allstar Tactical
    • ATEi
    • Annette Evans/Beauty Behind the Blast
    • Hansohn Brothers LLC
    • Joe Bob Outfitters
    • The Gun Room LLC
    • David Goldman, Esq.
    • GunTrustLawyer.com
    • Law Tactical
    • Phlster
    • Way of the Gun
    • F3 Tactical
    • Shooter's Gauntlet
    • Stone Machine Gun Shoot
    • MS Clean Kits
    • Boxer Tactical
    • Amidst the Noise/Billy Johnson (Former NRA Commentator)
    • John Hollister (Formerly of AAC)
    • Haus of Guns
    • Haus of Arms
    • Firearms Radio Network
    • Patriot Patch Company
    • Patton Media and Consulting
    • Tommy Built Tactical
    • Natalie Foster, Host of NRA TV's Love at First Shot/Blogger at Girls Guide to Guns
    • Alpha Dog Silencers
    • USA Chemical Supply
    • 2A Armament
    • Sage Dynamics
    • Youth Shooters of America
    • Shyanne Roberts - Youth Shooter
    • Blue Alpha Gear

I'm happy to field any questions you guys may have. I will attempt to get to this thread at least once a day but I can't make any promises. I have turned on subscriptions to the thread.

Posted with permission from TexKev and TennJeep1618.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom