Truck Stolen Thursday Night and Recovered Undamaged on Friday, Lessons Learned!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I live in a stupid neighborhood Frank that doesn't allow you to have a shed in your yard which means I have to store my riding mower and all my other lawn equipment items in the garage so no room for the vehicles. This was something I missed in the covenants when I built my house there. Eventually I'll get it sold and move into FWB city center with a bigger yard I can have fenced in and a nice shed in the backyard.

Wow that would drive me nuts... Both the wife and I park in the garage and I have two building in the back yard.

I owned a house in a fancy neighborhood in Georgia NE of Atlanta with all them BS rules. I told myself never ever again will that happen. But hey sold the house and made some good profit on it back in the day.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is why I'm trying to be proactive and get ahead of the crime curve here.

Now that I have my garage finished I've gotten the double side gates going I to the backyard almost complete and the security gate between the house and the garage finished.

The double side gate is made from 2" thick wall steel square tubing. It has four 3/4" drop bars that will go into a concrete bulkhead (forming and pouring next weekend) and upper locking bars. Still have more fencing to do, trim and painting to complete. Then landscaping.

The security walkway gate has a commercial lock system and it's extremely heavy duty.

Other side of the house has 4' vinyl picket fence for looks. Behind it is 7' steel bars that go up and then angle back with welded steel farm fence. Impossible to see from the road but one hella mess if someone tried to come over it.

All of this is covered with motion sensor lights, security system and the cheap cameras that are working 100% satisfactorily.

Next step is remote gate at the beginning of the driveway. You'll have to get through that before you attempt these other other entrance points.

My truck and wife's car go in the garage. Work truck parks on the side but nothing to steal out of it and if it does get stolen someone needed a stripped truck more than I do. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20160924_175415835.jpg
      IMG_20160924_175415835.jpg
      555.3 KB · Views: 85
    • IMG_20160924_175508441.jpg
      IMG_20160924_175508441.jpg
      705.7 KB · Views: 83
    • IMG_20160911_152433940.jpg
      IMG_20160911_152433940.jpg
      555.6 KB · Views: 84

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is why I'm trying to be proactive and get ahead of the crime curve here.

Now that I have my garage finished I've gotten the double side gates going I to the backyard almost complete and the security gate between the house and the garage finished.

The double side gate is made from 2" thick wall steel square tubing. It has four 3/4" drop bars that will go into a concrete bulkhead (forming and pouring next weekend) and upper locking bars. Still have more fencing to do, trim and painting to complete. Then landscaping.

The security walkway gate has a commercial lock system and it's extremely heavy duty.

Other side of the house has 4' vinyl picket fence for looks. Behind it is 7' steel bars that go up and then angle back with welded steel farm fence. Impossible to see from the road but one hella mess if someone tried to come over it.

All of this is covered with motion sensor lights, security system and the cheap cameras that are working 100% satisfactorily.

Next step is remote gate at the beginning of the driveway. You'll have to get through that before you attempt these other other entrance points.

My truck and wife's car go in the garage. Work truck parks on the side but nothing to steal out of it and if it does get stolen someone needed a stripped truck more than I do. :D

WHAT????

no double razor wire/? you are slipping sean...

also, I saw no trigger sensor for the crossbows, in a criss cross pattern..

you do have crossbows, don't you? it is in the manual man....

nice work hiding the punji sticks....

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not going to mess with that stuff. I'm waiting for my ACME particle beam death ray to arrive.

I may be going overboard but I'm effing sick of hearing about thefts and breakins all over the place. I look at it like I'm not protecting me from them but them from me.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not going to mess with that stuff. I'm waiting for my ACME particle beam death ray to arrive.

I may be going overboard but I'm effing sick of hearing about thefts and breakins all over the place. I look at it like I'm not protecting me from them but them from me.

good..great gun, weapon of choice for marvin martian....its badass...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The keys they found were just our spare vehicle keys, no other keys were with them. I've always lived in nice neighborhoods and admittedly got lax. I should have fixed that rear door as soon as I discovered it was not locking properly but told myself I'd tear apart the door and look at once it cooled down a bit. I knew a cold front was coming this week so it wouldn't be too long but waiting turned out to be a mistake.

The more I look at it the taking of my truck for a short joy ride and then dumping it was just a crime of opportunity. These dirt bags were going door to door looking for open vehicles to loot and stumbled on the fact we kept each others spare key in each other's vehicle, that practice has been terminated.

Once Spring time comes I'm hoping to sell this house in this crappy neighborhood and move somewhere with a bigger yard I can have fenced in with a big shed in the backyard. I will have a setup similar to Sean's when I'm done with it, nothing I hate more than a thief and now that I've been a victim the asshole in me is really coming out. I won't be a victim twice.

Top Bottom