• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just got a text from the instructor who will teaching the safety officer class. He's been out of state recently and just got back and asked about the weekend of Oct. 22 for holding the class. The way he likes to do it is to either see a match held and then the next day teach the SO's or vice versa, teach the SO's and then watch a match the next day. Are you interested candidates, and you know who you are, up for that weekend?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Working that weekend...I'll catch the next one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not known yet, but nominal, probably $10 or $20. I will provide free lunch and soft drinks, bottled water and ice. Anything over $20 and the club (NWFDPS) will cover it.

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might be able to get the time off. As soon as you lock in the dates let me know.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No longer talking to the previous guy. Now I am talking to State Area Coordinator and I don't know what dates yet, so keep tuned in and pm me or email me any questions or problems. Hope we can nail this sucker down soon.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Okay, we are back on track. I heard from the instructor Wayne Ramsey tonight. We are on for October 22nd. If not then, it would have to be in November. The way it's going to run is that he is coming up the 21st and wants to watch our match and some of our candidates for the SO class to see how well they do and then after the match, we will head over to the class room area. At this time, I hope it will be the Pace Volunteer Fired Dept. training room, if available. I will know more about this tomorrow. If not, we will make other arrangements. So this means after our regular match, we will head over there, probably with a quick lunch break in between and have our 3 to 4 hour class and get it all done in one day.

We will postpone our side match which was going to be the Back up Gun side match for another time. I will be sending out an email to all those who expressed to me an interest in the class. Right now, it's around 18 or so. Cost for the class will be $10.00. You will get the email in about 30 minutes.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is a class to become a certified Safety officer for IDPA, for which you need at least six months participation in IDPA to meet one of the qualifying criteria.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "Certified Safety Officer" I'm guessing to be able to get a Security Officer job and be able to carry a gun?

Safety Officer and Security Officer are different things. This is strictly to become a Safety Officer (person who runs the timer and watches the shooter for any safety infractions during a course of fire) for IDPA matches.

Top Bottom