• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunkyfish,, let us know what your work up turns out,, I never used it for 45acp,,even though my book,(( OLD )) shows it can be used, and had a lower CUP pressure than some of the other powders offered 10 yrs ago.. I can see my single stage needs the dust cleaned off it an has to be put back in service..You gents are having to much fun with this.... Thanks olecarver

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Lyman 47th edition wth cast,,, I can take pics of the pages with starting load and max with TTL OAL and FMJ JHP and Cast loads s,, it showing Blue Dot ,,800X,,some of our IMR powders and such,, be back this evening olecarver

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I to have never used it,,My uncle did,,And it seemed to make some very hot rds compared to factory,,, without getting near max load,,, I hope our friend and forum member starts with low charge and works up to what his firearm feels safe with,, olecarver

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Historicly Blue Dot has been used to get higher velocity with the 45ACP without a supported chamber. In my experiance it gives velocity without the best accuracy. I have about a half pound that I have had for 20 years for that very reason, there are more accurate powders available, but Blue Dot will shoot if you need to shoot something. By the way, the Blue Dot reputation is pretty much made by a 200 JHP ACP not cast.
    Ed

blackhawk

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Historicly Blue Dot has been used to get higher velocity with the 45ACP without a supported chamber. In my experiance it gives velocity without the best accuracy. I have about a half pound that I have had for 20 years for that very reason, there are more accurate powders available, but Blue Dot will shoot if you need to shoot something. By the way, the Blue Dot reputation is pretty much made by a 200 JHP ACP not cast.
    Ed

I have used blue dot in 200 grain Hornady XTP's, and it shot good for me. However Red dot is my go to for the same bullet.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thx guys
    I got my accuracy load with 700x but I'm always looking for new powders and loads, as soon as I can trade for more copper jacketed loads or pour some lead I will be working on the Blue Dot

I felt the same way,,700 X seems to keep pressures down and velocity up without as much stress on brass cases, that would seem to put less pressure and stress on the chamber,,, (( Keep is Dry Keep it Safe @ Keep it Fun ))

Latest posts

Top Bottom