• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forgive any mistakes,I'm a noob to forums...Hello all..!!..After forty years of desiring a Garand,this after firing my Uncles at twelve years old,I recently received mine from the CMP.I was very lucky and received a sweet 06-1943 Springfield with original barrel (2+ muzzle and 2+ breech).Wow.!!..I'm sooooo friggin happy that I wanted to share this with anyone and everyone.I'm interested in any communication,weather within this forum,email or in person with anyone interested in these rifles,vintage rifles or any like minded gun enthusiast.I go to the Santa Rosa Shooting Center fairly frequently and plan to start attending some of the Vintage Highpower Rifle matches at the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club.These matches are open gate events.You should check out their website.Very nice folks!..I hope to hear from some of you folks out there in gun lover land.Lastly,God Bless America,go Trump/Pence,defeat Clinton and Roll Tide!!!..Thanks for your time.

Sean Powell

Attachments

• SAM_0955.JPG
      SAM_0955.JPG
      63.7 KB · Views: 459
    • SAM_0956.JPG
      SAM_0956.JPG
      62.4 KB · Views: 359
    • SAM_0958.JPG
      SAM_0958.JPG
      60.3 KB · Views: 292
    • SAM_0959.JPG
      SAM_0959.JPG
      88.2 KB · Views: 403
    • SAM_0963.JPG
      SAM_0963.JPG
      69.3 KB · Views: 467
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm actually going to the rifle competition at the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol club this Saturday to see how it all works.Starts at 9:eek:o am.You otta come out and check it out.I have a little surplus ammo and some commercial 150 grain that I'm hesitant to use until I get an adj gas plug.I'd love to hook up with you and share some Garand time. powellsd@cox.net . 850-686-1151 cell.You may need to leave a message.I will call you back!..Gotta go to bed..

Sean

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sweet gun you have there sir. I have never owned a Garand but have shot quite a few of them.
    You will have a great time out at PRPC. Great guys with a ton of knowledge. Reccomending you go ahead and put in your request to become a member now. There is a waiting list.
    After your visit,don't tell anyone what a great club it is. Only old fuddy duddie know it alls out there. Remember that. ---SAWMAN

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yessir, my second favorite rifle ever with the M-1A being first. Congrats on you new acquisition, service grade?

These rifles just "feel" good to hold, like they're made to do exactly what they do.

One word of caution, do not shoot any high powered hunting loads in it, just standard military ammo or equivalent reloads. The Greek ammo is by far the best I've used, even better than Lake City in every test.

Rick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really enjoyed talking to you this morning and will definitely accept your offer and check out your range.Hopefully soon.

Sean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You otta get you one.The CMP is taking orders again for the Service Grade which is what I have.Not only a piece of history but an investment.See: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/ .If you or anyone have any concerns about ordering one,I'll be happy to discuss just how easy it really was.Don't shoot up to the Anniston,Al store expecting them to have any in stock.Contact them first!!I really appreciate all the replies and talk about my newest prized possession.Hopefully I'll meet some or most of you all in the future.

Sean

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Welcome. Great first post (well all except that Roll Tide shit :nerd:). You have a great gun that you will enjoy for years.

Idoono

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Could someone tell me if I'm replying correctly to everyone's replies and posts to me?I click the "Quick Reply" and go from there..Thanks..

either way is good, reply with quote will include the post you are responding to that was directed to you,
    reply is what I use to just post in the thread, reply with quote directs it to a particular member, to answer a specific question...

Top Bottom