• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Any thoughts on Bear Creak Arsenal AR-15 Barrels? I'm looking for a good quality yet less expensive barrel and found their website. They seem to have a wide variety of barrels at good prices. Was wondering if anyone has any any experience with them. Thanks

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one of there barrels. I honestly bought it for the looks mostly. But being nitride treated etc... it seemed like a quality barrel for the price. I have their bear claw spiral flute stainless barrel.

I have not put a lot of rounds through it. But I have yet to have an issue and the finish on it is great with nice clean smooth edges.

5b508d18474d0803071111b1cba0b0b1.jpg

daa718439774f406656bcfb9042c0267.jpg

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just went through a email from Primary Arms and they have a Bear Creek barrel, 1:7 Mid length for $70. Great price.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I will add this, sometimes you get what you pay for. The barrel is one of the most vital parts of the weapon. It is one place I would not sacrifice. I learned my mistake a couple years ago. I bought a Radical Firearms barrel from Primary Arms for $65. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Well, the barrel was crap. It was the most inaccurate barrel I have ever had. That said, from what I have read over the past several months, Bear Creek barrels appear to be okay for what you pay for them. It you are just building a fun plinker, it will probably suffice. If it is does not, you are not out a lot of money. If you are trying to build a good quality AR with good accuracy results, I would look into spending a bit more for a better barrel from somewhere like BCM, Rainier Arms, ADCO Firearms, etc.

Last edited:

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I will add this, sometimes you get what you pay for. The barrel is one of the most vital parts of the weapon. It is one place I would not sacrifice. I learned my mistake a couple years ago. I bought a Radical Firearms barrel from Primary Arms for $65. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Well, the barrel was crap. It was the most inaccurate barrel I have ever had. That said, from what I have read over the past several months, Bear Creek barrels appear to be okay for what you pay for them. It you are just building a fun plinker, it will probably suffice. It is does not, you are not out a lot of money. If you are trying to build a good quality AR with good accuracy results, I would look into spending a bit more for a better barrel from somewhere like BCM, Rainier Arms, ADCO Firearms, etc.

Thanks for your input Tackleberry I respect your adivce as I know you have built MANY AR's. I am just getting into building my own AR's. This will be only my 2nd build. My first was a bare bones build, from which I learned alot and it turned out great. With each build I plan on upgrading with the more experience I gain. This build is going to have upgrades such as a break instead of a flash hider, free floating rail instead of a standard hand guard, better butt stock things like that. Right now the idea is to just build plinksters, although I defiantly see building more quality accurate distance AR's in the future.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Classicfirearms.com sells Bear Creek barrels for really cheap. You can read the reviews on them. Most of their barrels are labeled as US Contractor but they are Bear Creek.

Top Bottom