• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Steven Vanzant stars = interesting series, set in Lillyhammer Norway , anyone watch it ?

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    mobster asks for protective custody in Norway , opens a nightclub , cultural differences blend and work into a interesting turn of events. Not really like The Sopranos in Europe but interesting with the different setting

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cool, might have to look at that after I finish the Vikings, just started watching it last night. Made it through 45 episodes and wanted to watch more but it was bedtime!

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Steven Vanzant stars = interesting series, set in Lillyhammer Norway , anyone watch it ?

I watched the first season and a couple of episodes of the second and had to hang it up. The stories just got past believable. It is almost like they lost their original writers.

I have been watching Forged in Fire about the blade makers, an interesting series, but a real pain because of the commercials on the History Channel.

I tried to watch the the long gun maker on the History Channel but they have him shooting melons rather than building guns and actually explaining what he really does, has indicated he is afraid someone will learn his secrets, well what in hell are you doing making a movie then.....
    Ed

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You may be right, I think I heard it was canceled and picked back up again. I felt the same way about beyond belief on some characters, (what I call the Gilligan syndrome) like why don't you just wack them already , but something kept me watching , Europeans have a totally different style of ... of ... well everything. I guess I liked the cultural differences and subtle satire also.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like some of the European offerings. There's a show called Gomorrah that just started on the Sundance Channel that's supposed to be like an Italian version of The Sopranos. I was planning on checking it out till I found out it would be all in subtitles. I don't mind them in a movie, but I sometimes multitask while watching TV and knew I wouldn't be able to follow an entire subtitled series.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I thought I wouldn't like it ( Not much for subtitles) but it grew on me. I didn't Vanzant was in it. Who did he play?

Top Bottom