• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you guys think about the half cent vote so we can build a 35 million dollar courthouse and another half cent for other "major projects?" I saw all these signs all over today.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will never go away once passed, and will be distributed by the same politicians who already spent the rest of your tax money. At least that's what the guy at the bar said last night.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guy at the bar is right, even when inebriated, he's smart enough to vote "NO" on giving more of his heard earned money away.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think Santa Rosa is looking for the Lazy Plan. All they can seem to do is tax tax tax. More revenue more revenue more revenue. How about balancing the budget with the revenue we have. New court house, cut a special interest project or seven. Quit paying 10x for what land and projects are truly worth. Etc etc.... More revenue through whatever tax or source just means mismanagement of even more money.

How about one of the candidates step up with a plan that doesn't require additional taxing. They instead hide behind a half cent tax hike initiative that "tourist" will help fund. If anyone thinks your property tax is dependant on this half cent tax increase then I have some koolaid for you as well. It will go up regardless.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once taxed, the tax never goes away. The prices paid have a direct correlation to whom owns the property, if it is a politician's family member or partner, it is always high because they went through the proposed purchases, in the plans for future expansion, and bought the property, first. Then politicians have absolutely no economic sense, they simply tax more and spend more. You just get screwed.
    Ed

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    This isn't going to go away. They are going to get the money from somewhere and it's not going to be from cutting pet projects.
    If not from this sales tax, then from property tax. I voted for it so everybody can share in the pain.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This isn't going to go away. They are going to get the money from somewhere and it's not going to be from cutting pet projects.
    If not from this sales tax, then from property tax. I voted for it so everybody can share in the pain.

Well said Wife and I both voted yes also. BTW we love this county if we did not live here I would move to Texas. Once Killary gets in probably gonna have to move over there anyway just so we can keep our rights.

Also looking into moving overseas for retirement maybe Panama area. The US is gonna keep getting worst if that witch gets in.

Last edited:

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You are right I would rather every give a little, than see a few give a lot. Vote for the tax,just not anyone in office now.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yeh, no tax would be great but it's not gonna happen. The only question is who is going to pay for it. I vote EVERYBODY and not just property owners.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Vote NO. they don't know what control spending is. They don't help the small bus. . this is just for starters , They have had some prod. that would work but have sold it for a little of nothing . jjust my 5 cents jj

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Who owns the land next to the courthouse in Milton...? New proposed courthouse to be allegedly built next to the courthouse. Supposedly ther is a sunset clause on these proposed taxes. Yes the current threat of this proposal not being passed is to stick it to homeowners...

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd rather see everyone not give anything at all, (or more than what they're already giving now). And then using that money and saving it towards your retirement. That whole "everyone give a little so some don't have to give a lot" mentality is the reason why we're having the problems we have now. We're already giving plenty on a federal level.

But I respect everybody's opinions here, we live in America.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The reason we are having the problems that we are having is because we keep voting the same people back in.

Chaddd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I believe it is being handled the right way by taking it to a vote. What we really need is one big business with good pay jobs (such as the navy federal that went Beulah) to bring in out of town money. That would bring in big tax dollars, grow the tax base, and throw some big money into the local small businesses as well.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Well, I believe it is being handled the right way by taking it to a vote. What we really need is one big business with good pay jobs (such as the navy federal that went Beulah) to bring in out of town money. That would bring in big tax dollars, grow the tax base, and throw some big money into the local small businesses as well.

Well, we've certainly got the land for it, especially with that latest purchase of the Pullum property. Just no takers.
    I think before the purchase we had enough land to last a projected 15 years. Now we've got enough to last, at this rate, forever.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hmm, let's take a closer look here. When the gas prices plunged, SRC jacked up the Gas Tax, not once, but twice, (i think .12 - .16 cent per gallon) for roads etc... Now they wanna jack up the sales tax for the same thing, plus the courthouse? Pease !!! Damn, just take .01 cent out of that jacked-up gas tax hike for your courthouse. Where's that money now? What roads got fixed/repaired with it?
    Everyone of those CC'S (County Commissioners) need to be VOTED OUT, and Vote in Someone Who actually knows how to manage/allocate money without wasting it on good ole boy/special interest projects, and who is actually concerned about fixing the problems, Not adding to them.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just got my mail. in it was a flyer to vote for the 1/2 cent, in it talks about what it will help with. one is it will help with the police and fire, also got my proposed tax statement in it there is a part for fire. it is 285.00 for the year, remember when it started, and it has went way more then was promised just my 5 cents jj

Top Bottom