• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Go big or go home: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/135727/rcbs-universal-case-prep-center-110-volt

Seriously, one of those manual trimmers will work, especially if you're planning on trimming a lot of different calibers (chamberings, sorry SAWMAN). If you're mainly interested in only one or two, look into something like a Worlds Finest Trimmer or Possum Hollow Trimmer. I may actually have a Possum Hollow 308 trimmer laying around. I'll try to remember to check when I get home tomorrow.

But in reference to the case prep center I linked above, I've got one and it's amazing (even though I haven't used it in at least a year since I've been shooting mainly handgun). If you've got the coin, you won't regret it.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a Forester manual trimmer similar to what you linked. It works.

I also have the Giraud Tri Way Trimmer, which is similar to the Worlds Finest trimmer that Jeep mentioned. I just chuck it in a drill press and try not to let my attention span wander. Neither of those do anything to the primer pocket obviously so that's where that monstrosity that Jeep linked would probably win the day.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a Lyman and a Forster both. I have had the Forster for some years now but had to get the Lyman because it can be used with the super long super mags.( 30-378Wby Mag).
    Both of the above have worked very well for me. They are super sturdy and have many choices of parts and added equipment. ---SAWMAN

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go big or go home: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/135727/rcbs-universal-case-prep-center-110-volt

+1 on the RCBS Pro Trim. When put together with 3 way cutters and Pro Case Prep center, it actually makes trimming and prepping brass a pleasure. A good bit of $$, but what a pleasure it makes of a tedious job.

But if you must get a manual trimmer though, the RCBS without the motor or the CH trimmer with the chambers (Midway sells them under the name L E Wilson with the chambers or shell holders), it can cut the cartridge base square then trim to length for precision shooting at distance.
    Ed

Top Bottom