APOD Firearms

STEEL CHALLENGE - can it happen in the Panhandle area???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All,

Bullets and Bones in Defuniak Springs is considering becoming a sanctioned S/C range for 2017! :first:

Like all things, there is a catch.

1. The first thing is RO support. How many of you are willing to help out? We will continue with our first Saturday match schedule.

2. How many of you will participate? I know quite a few folks are travelling to Tally for their matches (carpooling).

The range is willing to purchase a starter kit to get this ball rolling! I will remain as the MD and this type of shooting will likely replace the GSSF-style matches.

WHAT DO YOU SAY???! Post your comments on this thread.

As always, be safe out there,
    Bob

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bob, are you pretty much set on first Saturday? I would not put it on the same day as Talon USPSA. Just my 2 cents

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I hear you. With so much IDPA shooting in the area, the first Saturday was our only local option. And it works with my work schedule too.

Last edited:

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What a blessing we have here when we have TOO MANY matches locally to shoot them all! I will post more Bob when I'm not one finger typing on my jitterbug phone.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Bob that sounds like fun. I am not an RO yet, but plan to be. Not sure I could be there every month, but I would be glad to help at least half the time.

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can help RO and even MD if you need it. The first Sat is good for me, and prob the best option for us west of Tally. I know Defunkyiak is "two weeks from everywhere", but CORE is in the bush too and we've been getting a good crowd out there because the product is good. Sanctioned Steel Challenge i think would be a nice addition. IMO, the best place for budding IDPA/USPSA shooters and a great place for current shooters to work on speed and transitions. Also super easy to MD, RO, score, set up and tear down.

Can we have access to two bays and run at least four stages (100 rounds minimum) a match? Can we get the fee at $15?

Are you catching woe from your GSSF guys? I thought you might alternate steel/gssf.

I would say you have enough willing participants to make this happen. Issue the marching orders! Maybe even a meet/discussion at b&b?

Thanks Bob for getting this rolling.

coolpapabell15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Though I've never shot any Steel Challenge, I am definitely up for something new! I am willing to help out, as well, when available.

As was stated above, having too many matches to shoot is a good problem to have!

Glad you're taking the initiative, Bob.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    who doesn't like the PING of steel......I`m in , but......... 1 Saturday is vinegar bend uspsa.

Top Bottom