DK Firearms

1920's/30's Stockless Peerless 12ga Shotgun Where Would one find a stock for this

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will post some pics soon...My Camera just &#^% the bed !!!

This single shot 12 ga Peerless belongs to an older friend of mine...He knows that it is a wall hanger and that's all he wants to do with it......It was his Father's....He says he remembers shooting it in 1937 !!! Doing better than me...I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning !!! He said he has no idea how old it was when his father got it....

I can't seem to find anyone who offers any type of stock for this antique....

Has " Peerless" Stamped on left side of receiver

Has the numbers hand stamped apparently ...cause the numbers are sorta up and down in a line....serial # 26011 stamped inside the trigger guard....Stand for Date ?

Anyone out there know anything about this shotgun....Input...Feedback...Thanks

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Peerless single barrel and SxS was made by Crescent Arms. However 132-136 brands of these guns were made in MA for hardware and catalogue stores. There are several makes of these single barrel guns that the stocks will interchange with little or no modification. However, these are also the guns that took a lot of abuse and many times, little care. Many times I see these old stocks piled up at gun shows on tables.

I sold a big zip lock bag of Crescent SxS parts for $75 mainly because I had both of the very old curled external hammers. So the frames, parts and barrels have some value.

Check on line at Gun Parts, but look very close at the wood to frame fit, they are all pull bolt stocks so even if the fit is not exact or precise the wood can be fitted, at least a small amount.
    Ed

Top Bottom