• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, it should have been AWOL. Fat fingers and didn't know how to edit the title.

Listened to the Republican Primary debate last night. Matt Gaetz did not attend, again.

It was stated that this was at least the second one that he has not attended. I wonder what is his reasoning for not attending? Could it be he is afraid of trying to answer questions on the fly and deviating from a well prepared script? I sure would have liked to hear him respond to the panel questions, as well as questions from the other candidates.

One of the candidates brought up about the PAC that is supporting Gaetz and suggested researching the Federal Election Commission website and consider the special interests that are funding Gaetz's campaign. I did just that and I was surprised to learn that the North Florida Neighbors PAC has spent in excess of $435,000 on his campaign to date. The only other candidate that has a PAC listed is Rebeka Bydlak and the Panhandle Victory fund has spent $10,000 on her behalf.

I know, I know, all politicians have to take money to finance their bid for office. At some point in time and at some level they will all need to do it to remain competitive. But, when I consider that Matt already has special interest he is beholding to and the other candidates start off not beholding to anyone.

I still haven't made up my mind who I will vote for in the primary but I know who I am not going to vote for.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Why is that? I'm a member of other forums and typically users can edit the titles of Threads they create.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, it should have been AWOL. Fat fingers and didn't know how to edit the title.

Listened to the Republican Primary debate last night. Matt Gaetz did not attend, again.

It was stated that this was at least the second one that he has not attended. I wonder what is his reasoning for not attending? Could it be he is afraid of trying to answer questions on the fly and deviating from a well prepared script? I sure would have liked to hear him respond to the panel questions, as well as questions from the other candidates.

One of the candidates brought up about the PAC that is supporting Gaetz and suggested researching the Federal Election Commission website and consider the special interests that are funding Gaetz's campaign. I did just that and I was surprised to learn that the North Florida Neighbors PAC has spent in excess of $435,000 on his campaign to date. The only other candidate that has a PAC listed is Rebeka Bydlak and the Panhandle Victory fund has spent $10,000 on her behalf.

I know, I know, all politicians have to take money to finance their bid for office. At some point in time and at some level they will all need to do it to remain competitive. But, when I consider that Matt already has special interest he is beholding to and the other candidates start off not beholding to anyone.

I still haven't made up my mind who I will vote for in the primary but I know who I am not going to vote for.

Mark Wichern is a really good guy. I personally know him. He doesn't come from a political background (aka corruption), he is strongly pro 2nd amendment along with other good things about him.

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mark wichern is a true constitutionalist and only 1 of a half dozen politicians I trust in the nation, though he isn't a true politician. Very nice guy and family. He is much more true libertarian than republican and is a rino, but in the good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Saw an article in the PNJ that said that Gaetz campaign war chest now has over a million dollars. Looks like he will be our Repub primary winner. How can a little honest, honorable guy (or gal) that sincerely wants to represent his constituents compete with that kind of money? Just look at the media blitz the last few weeks. Folks that don't do any research and just respond to the most media hype are gonna vote for him. I would love to see him get his ass kicked and have all of those $s go elsewhere.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Two days ago I voted for Gaetz. I also voted for . . . "other than little marco". Come Nov will vote for "other than hillary".
    Hope it's ok. ---SAWMAN

Top Bottom