• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Nephew is looking at an Early 90's CZ75. I know that without seeing it no one can make a recommendation about this particular piece but in general as long as it has not been abused were that vintage CZ75s decent or should I advise him to stay away?

He is looking to trade a motorcycle he values at $500 for it. Sound like about an even deal?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Nephew is looking at an Early 90's CZ75. I know that without seeing it no one can make a recommendation about this particular piece but in general as long as it has not been abused were that vintage CZ75s decent or should I advise him to stay away?

He is looking to trade a motorcycle he values at $500 for it. Sound like about an even deal?

Is it a 75B or just a 75 (Pre B)?

I'd say neither one of them is worth $500. I think I paid about $520 new for a 75B a little over a year ago. Pre B's can be found for well under $400 regularly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've got a 1988 model that I bought in Germany.
    Yours is probably a Pre-B which is worth a little more than a B.
    Back then, before the wall fell in 1989, CZs were worth more than they are now because they weren't available over here. There were a lot of stories written about them and they had a certain legendary mystique to them.
    After I came back with mine, I went into a gunshop that had a range to shoot. Pulled it out of the case and the owner offered me $600 on the spot. I turned it down.
    They are good guns.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a decent article about the 75 VS the B version:
    http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm

In the early 90s the CZ was fairly rare and brought a high price, it is steel and was regarded as a more accurate gun than the Hi Power. Bob Cogan of Accurate Plating makes some beautiful custom CZ guns with bushings.
    I ran a Cogan 1911 race gun for years, it was converted to function a lot like a CZ, with a hinged trigger, etc., and I was very happy with it. I do not recall ever running into a CZ shooter that was not pleased with the gun, there are better guns but the CZ is a fine $400-$500 gun, especially as a base for conversion.
    Ed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pic of motorcycle...
    I like the pre B pistols original round trigger guard design. So many variations and clones of the CZs that I just can't and don't care to keep up. Also these days if it's not half plastic it's not in style so few people are buying alloy or steel frames pistols anymore unless it's a 1911 and there's no plastic option there.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few years ago, I came across this 75B Retro in 9mm. Was looking for a CZ, but wasn't expecting this one...didn't even know CZ had this model. I want to convert it one day to a CZ75B SAO in .40, but that might require me to sell this one...I have sold only one gun I ever owned...my first 20ga single shot shotgun.

If you are partrial to early 90's vintage, then you will have to search a good while for it...if you are looking for the "look", then this model might be an alternative solution IMG_0148.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
      IMG_0148.JPG
      319.4 KB · Views: 163
    Top Bottom