• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's time for me to buy and pistol suppressor. I have a 30 cal suppressor and I love that while it mostly gets use on 556, I can use it on anything from 223 to 300 WinMag. For the pistol suppressor, I'd likely use it mostly with 9mm pistols,
    but it would be nice to do 45acp and 300blk sub. Another consideration is whether it can be disassembled for cleaning, in which case, it may be able to be used for 22? If not it's not a deal breaker. I'd say my priorities, in order are:
    1- versatility (ease of multi cal application)
    2- size
    3- weight
    4- disassembly (for use with 22 until I get a 22 can)
    5- price
    Also, everyone seems to be out of stock. Other than paying MSRP at Jays or Jim's, where should I buy?
    Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you buy it from Silencer shop kiosks and he is a local dealer, they ship what you want to him he does not have to carry in stock. Call them, give your requirements and ask for the best options, check out their sales too

Oh sorry just saw you said they were short on stock, I still would call them,I know their pro staff and they have sometimes cans there not showing in stock of know when the first ones will get there.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Kiosks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Haha. Thanks.
    I apologize for my ignorance. Last time, I just ordered it from Wilson, they built it and shipped it to Nate. Simple enough. No kiosks involved. Lol.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The new process is a little more painful. It would appear silencershop is trying to make it as easy as possible but I think it'll be a bit before their process is up and running. I'd also expect it to be awhile for cans to come back into stock. Form 3s have been taking a few months.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Right, no kiosks up and running anywhere near here. I wasn't worried about that though, pics and prints are really quite simple. In fact, I still have my print card from when I was going to apply for FFL.
    As far as cans though, which one?

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dan,

Right now I own Gemtech's 9mm Multimount, 22 Outback, 45 Blackside, 223 M4-02. Also a YHM Ti QD .30 (rated up to 300WM) and waiting on tax stamp for the YHM 9mm sidewinder (does 300 BO subs also) and the AAC Ti-Rant .45

Looking into something from OSS next also. http://osssuppressors.com/

You are welcome to get together sometime and try any of them out if you like...

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ken, you're on! Let me just finish Fed taxes this week.
    Currently, Liberty Cosmic is winning.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I really like my octane 45. It's only a little longer than the 9 but you can use it on a lot more. It's an older can but there are plenty of mounts for it and it's stainless baffles. There are lighter/smaller cans out there but the octane is a solid all around workhorse.

I've not seen enough of the new gen (dead air, rugged, Sig) stuff to say yay or nay for them but there has been plenty of press on those models.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought the Octane 45 (SS thru Nate) for the same reason Dan but I already had a .22 can. Like Nate said lots of versatility. Have you checked out 2nd Amendment in Niceville? He's handles a lot of suppressors and was an active dealer on the forums.
    http://www.nicevilleguns.com/catalog.supressors - His web site shows a lot of suppressors including Octane and Ospreys, Dead Air, etc in stock.

Tarjas

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Rugged Obsidian .45 can sitting at Little Jacks for another month or 2. Both Rugged and Dead Air have really pushed the performance and flexibility envelope. With the Obsidian's integrated 3 lug/booster, flexible length, and end cap options, there is no way I would consider an older can at this point, esp looking at ever increasing wait times. Price is right too on the Obsidian (~$650).

I also have a Liberty Mystic X, Liberty is a great company but I am on my 3rd core (first 2 replaced by Liberty at no charge). Will have it swapped out for a Cosmic core if I have any more baffle strikes...not so sure I'd buy another monocore can..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom