• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was headed home today on a back road. 55 Posted speed limit but there was a truck loaded down with a bunch of junk in front of me going 45. Double yellow so i could not go around. Ass hole comes up behind me and is about 2' off my bumper. So close I cannot see their headlights. They are in an F150 and I'm in a mini van. I tap the breaks. No response so I slowly back off to about 25 And they give me some space so i start picking it back up.

They proceed to cross the double yellow pass me and cut me off. Had to lay on the breaks to keep from hitting them then they just about stop. Then they get on it and take off.

If the ass hole that did this is on here there was no call for putting my wife and kids in danger like you did. By the way you are an idiot cutting me off like that. Had i not been ready for your action with the angle and speed we were going you would likely have rolled your truck.

This crap never happens to me when I am driving my truck. Only when i am in the van with the family. Good thing or someone would eat the 2 5/8 ball that is always sticking out the back of the truck.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you felt that the other driver actually put you and your family in danger,you should have got the tag number and reported him to the police,along with a description of the truck and driver. ---SAWMAN

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you felt that the other driver actually put you and your family in danger,you should have got the tag number and reported him to the police,along with a description of the truck and driver. ---SAWMAN

It was Done. I do not think they can actually do anything without witnessing an infraction themselves but BCSO said they would go have a discussion with the driver.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have considered installing one of those dash cams...not sure it would have helped in this instance but it sure wouldn't hurt

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would prefer the 007 approach: Oil tank with driver operated dump valve. Once they push too far dump tank, hit brakes, problem solved.

I deal with this every Saturday morning like clockwork. Heading east down 9 Mile Rd. from Beulah Rd, I always get some bozo behind me drafting me all the way to I-10. I just drive slower and slower till I'm at about 30 in the 55 zone. It's usually busy enough in the Westbound lane that Ms. Type A can do nothing but slow down and enjoy the scenery. I like it even more if we are both going onto I-10. I can keep someone under control all the way to Hwy. 29 when the conditions are right.

Watch out for road rage though. Lots of that happening.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've had this happen to me but almost every time when they go to pass, get up along side and realize who they are messing with, they tip their hat, slow down and get back in line.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is not isolated. It even happens in little ole Milton all the time. I especially hate I'm driving my work truck. I wish I could paint this on my bumper image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      78.8 KB · Views: 203

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been driving since 1975 and have never had a problem with someone tailgating me. To avoid it just drive faster! If you don't want to drive faster when you see someone in the mirrors (you know those things that stick out on each side of your car and in the top center of your windshield that most people avoid looking at) catching up to you then have the courtesy to move over. You never know why they might be in a rush and unless your an on duty LEO it's not your job to slow them down...

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have considered installing one of those dash cams...not sure it would have helped in this instance but it sure wouldn't hurt
    Just ordered a couple.

Watch out for road rage though. Lots of that happening.

As soon as he got in front and slowed quickly I cleared the Kydex. Moma had one hand in her hand in her purse ready to draw and the other on cell phone with 911 already dialed and ready to push send. Had he stopped and gotten out of the car and I could not get around I think he would have had turned around quickly when I turned on the overhead light and he saw the situation he had placed himself in.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You never know why they might be in a rush and unless your an on duty LEO it's not your job to slow them down...

It doesn't matter why they are in a rush; it's their responsibility to drive safely and within the law. If they want to go faster than the 5-10 over I'm usually doing they can go around. It's also not my job to drive as fast as someone else would like to go. :wacko:

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been driving since 1975 and have never had a problem with someone tailgating me. To avoid it just drive faster! If you don't want to drive faster when you see someone in the mirrors (you know those things that stick out on each side of your car and in the top center of your windshield that most people avoid looking at) catching up to you then have the courtesy to move over. You never know why they might be in a rush and unless your an on duty LEO it's not your job to slow them down...

There were two cars in front of me impeding my acceleration. 2 Lane road, double yellow line, and within 2 miles of the Bay County Jail, no way I was passing them and risking a ticket. At the time I did not think of pulling off to the shoulder. May go that route next time.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I love the tailgaters that work as hard as they can to get around you just to get that one car length.

I've been on the opposite end of this one. I merged off of scenic onto 90. There's not a lot of room to merge there. I fell in behind a guy with the intention of getting over one more lane. Because of the traffic behind me coming off scenic and the traffic already on 90 there wasn't a lot of space and slowing wasn't an option without screwing all the traffic behind me. Well the guy i merged behind didn't like my proximity so he started slowing down which left me nowhere to go. Ultimately I couldn't pass him because the other lane was going by 20mph faster and the cars behind me we're peeling off from the rear. The guy had a sticker on his car that read "the closer you are the slower I go" on his back window. I'm not a fan of tailgating but I'm also not a fan of screwing a whole lane of traffic. If he had just kept doing what he was doing I could have passed him and we wouldn't have slowed down the eastbound right lane on the 90 bridge for several miles. At the very least he was a man of his word

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There were two cars in front of me impeding my acceleration. 2 Lane road, double yellow line, and within 2 miles of the Bay County Jail, no way I was passing them and risking a ticket. At the time I did not think of pulling off to the shoulder. May go that route next time.

Sounds like Star Ave....

just stay on the defensive. Not worth having a road range and escalate into a shootout.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thats alotta fail. No offense but that was one of the most asinine posts I have read on this forum as of yet. And I can say some pretty dumb shit (and we have Stanley)

Last edited:

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sounds like your slowing action caused a mirror image reaction from the other driver after he passed you. Sorry it didn't work out the way you had planned????

I drive a 7.3 diesel and get tailgated all the time, guess I'm use to it. 99 percent of the time I catch all passing cars at the next light. I try to never let drivers get under my skin. Sure I got a billet turbo with 30lbs of boost on tap and could roll coal for days but its fun to drive the limit and you will actually get all green lights this way too.

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Y'all need to take some blood pressure medicine! Holy shat!

Driving a company truck for the last several years has really calmed down my road rage. If people want to tailgate me, go for it... I drive the speed limit, and my trailer hitch is a sure enough radiator cleanser... on occasion I have been known to flip on my turn signal and slow down to about 2mph and, oops, wrong road...

In my personal truck, I go about 10 over just about everywhere. The big killer for me is garcon point road... it's a 55mph zone... why the F people feel the need to do 40 is beyond me.

The only time I tailgate, and I rarely do it, is on 98 when a car in the left lane feels the need to do 40mph side by side with the car on the right. Get the hell out of the way.

I consider myself an aggressively aware driver. Never had a ticket (except seatbelt) and never been in a wreck.

Sometimes you have to be aggressive to avoid a bigger clusterf***.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you react to how someone is driving around you, don't be surprised when they are a crazier than you and react against you!!!!

Don't like someone tail gating you, running slow in the left lane, or anything else you don't like in the road, just move on the best you can without making a gesture towards them.

If you feel so inclined to react either by hand gesture or motion change with your vehicle, don't be surprised when the other person is more nuts than you and escalates the situation.

By the OP stating that he and his wife were armed and ready to react with a firearm with family on board, makes me just say hmmmm.

By being armed, I will never be the one to instigate a situation with another human being. And yes, throwing on the brakes to a tailgater is the first action that took place in a lot of road rage incidents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom