• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Write up in the Dillon Blue Press on it in the new September 2016, The MountainAR 7.62x40 WT how will it do or a flash in the pan? :hat:

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too similar to 300blk which already owns that market. Don't think it will ever become what the 300blk has.

.277 Wolverine on the other hand is an interesting cartridge. .277/6.8 projectile in 223 brass.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nowadays there are several actual chamberings (.308") that are extremely close to the 300BLK. If I strayed from the BO it would be to the 7.62X39 in .308" bore size. This would be closer to the 30-30Win ballistics than a BO could come.
    The 277W is interesting,and like the 300BLK,will save people some money because of the bolt. The ballistics are somewhat better but you gotta get out there aways before this is realized. Personally,I am happy with the ballistics of the BO when using a lighter (<126gr)bullet . . . shot super.
    As with any chambering,it is what it is. If someone is not satisfied,they can choose to move up OR down. ---SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The firearmblog just covered this round a little. Because of the extra length on the case you're very limited on bullet selection. The 300blk offers much greater flexibility

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gave up chasing new or improved calibers long ago. I do appreciate their efforts and find some interesting. Until something radically new that does more terminally from a significantly smaller package (without adverse side effects): I'm not changing course or inventory. I would drop few $K on a Lazer blaster as long as results are instantaneous. Lol

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a wolverine but the only problem you will run into is the selection of light bullets for this catridge in the 85-110gr field. Once you find some like TTSX, Speer TNT, etc it is a wonderful shooter..... But I would just stick with the 300 blackout in this case. Way more versatility than they 7.62X40.

Members online

Top Bottom