• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How's the gas port? An adjustable gas block is an easy way to tune a gun but that much pressure seems like some thing/things are out of spec. Mixing and matching parts maybe an issue. I understand needing a new receiver but I'd be looking at the barrel/block/buffer/ammo more than the receivers.

If I paid for something that I didn't get(especially at that price) I'd be looking for some or all of my money back.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn't of paid that much to begin with but that's my cheap butt and yes I would want my money back if I had paid for something that out of whack but he's already told me they don't want to refund his money. Which is why I want him to have someone take it apart and diagnose the problem, hell once the problems known then it can be fixed but someone has to be competent to diagnose the problem. Had a professor years ago that told me if he could teach me one thing it would be how to find answer to problems and the answer to this problem is not with the original builder

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One reason I always build my own then you know what you got in it...

Let us know how this turns out.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Over gassed or not, with the correct tube/buffer/spring combo it's not going to rip the stock extension off the back of the rifle. It appears to me the buffer was slamming into the rear of the buffer tube... well, we all know what a slamming and hammering action will do in short order.

I'm no AR10 expert, but I have built a couple... my money is on the buffer tube was too short with the previously used buffer/spring/BCG combo... it was bottoming out with lots of energy still left thus basically slam/hammering the buffer tube.

This is not an ammo or gas issue IMO.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Like I said earlier, I hope it is not them. That would not fair well for their reputation. Whoever did build this should not be trusted. People need to be warned about the person/shop that did this build.
    I will never do business with Precision Tactical
    Enough said with out actually breaking my word

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first post was questioning my assumption which it looks like i was right in. To me it sounds like the buffer was slamming into the rear of the tube.

Whether the tube is too short or too light of a buffer or any combination, I would be getting my money back. There is no way a quality barrel from a company like JP is that overgassed.

Then the company who assembled it didnt use the parts the customer paid for either? I would be losing my shit and they would be giving my money back or hooking me up with something. Even then I would never buy or recommend them to anyone and everyone would know who it was.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If they used the SCS tube length shouldn't be an issue. That's assuming they used the right SCS version. Too short a time and It'd be rattling around in the tube. There are some spring options on the SCS but it's otherwise an easy system to use.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm just trying to figure out why the F would you spend $3000 on a rifle "built" by a shop... you can get a high end AR10 for that kind of money...

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm just trying to figure out why the F would you spend $3000 on a rifle "built" by a shop... you can get a high end AR10 for that kind of money...

That's my biggest gripe about the whole time
    He could have a great AR 10 for that kind of cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Any update on this. Would be interested on anything you could find out. I'm thinking about putting together an aero and would definitely like to avoid this.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'll talk to my friend tomorrow and find out what's going on with it

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like I said earlier, I hope it is not them. That would not fair well for their reputation. Whoever did build this should not be trusted. People need to be warned about the person/shop that did this build.

Their reputation is I wouldn't let those shady clowns build me a cap gun. I've seen several (more than 5) non-functional and not built to requested build sheet crap come out of them. That's just in the last 6-8 months.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In post #13 I was wrong the buffer spring was suppose to be a JP Silent Capture, not real sure what they used now.
    A friends son went in to talk about a build and he was lied to about what caused the problem, he was told my friend was using used parts and that's what caused the issues. They must not of known he was friends with the owner of the AR10 that 1st time Buffer Tube broke at the back of the upper, the 2nd time Buffer Tube pulled out of upper 3/4" inch. All of this with less than a 100 rounds shot and while it was a JP Silent Capture Spring.
    As I stated earlier Precision Tactical will NEVER get a dime from me, and after reading donr101395 post no one should trust them. Crestview's Precision Tactical not some other outfit of that name.
    EDIT to add: They still haven't repaired or replaced it nor have they offered to give him his money back which at this point is the only thing I would want.

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My young friend talked with the owner and was offered his money back or the rifle fixed again (3rd time) with a different lower & upper with it being tested by shooting 100+ rounds thru it this weekend at a match in Birmingham and if it held up it would then be Cerro-coated free of charge and test fired again after that. He agreed to try the rifle one more time while I told him he should of taken the money and went elsewhere. His reason for doing this is that he was friends with the owner before the shop was opened and the owner told him that he had over a hundred rifles sold with the exact same parts used in the build and this was the only one that had an issue. He did this even after I had read him donr101395 post #34 in this thread and told him to get his money back. Will post more next week once I know if it happened again or if it held up this time.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They use to be there now they are just south of PJ Adams on the same side of 85 as they were before
    Just about a mile south of I-10

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This issue has still not been resolved and my young friend is finally pissed off as he's been getting put off for months and is to the point he just wants his money back.
    I don't know what their problem is but Precision Tactical is a business that I will avoid and advise others to do the same

Latest posts

Top Bottom