• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kneel4zodd

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    when i was little i sent a lot of time reading comic books. now i am all gown a love all the marvel DC movies coming out...but i really Feel DC comings are making better movies. please state your reviews on this two movie and let me know which you enjoy watching the most.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'll play your game....

Are you talking about movies that are yet to be released or the DC movies that are already out? There's some potential (just like there was with green lantern) with SS but the rest are so far out it's hard to tell. Depending on what movies you're counting, DC has been pretty weak lately. The Nolan Batman movies were solid. I didn't think the last one was as bad as some thought it was. But the Superman reboot was soulless and "gritty" only takes you so far. Snyder does some great visuals but he rarely delivers a total package( I did enjoy Watchmen).

Marvel has crushed it since they put out Iron Man. I was into comic books in the late 80s early 90s. I didn't really care about Iron Man, Captain America or most of the Avengers. They took a slew of B team heroes and made them all house hold names in just a few years. Even the weaker movies in the MCU (Thor mostly) are still fun to watch.

Regardless of the lore of the heroes in the movie, Marvel has just been putting out movies that are enjoyable and appeal across several age groups. The tie ins have worked great and they have set themselves as the thing to copy. Whether or not DC can do that remains to be seen.

kneel4zodd

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah, i am talking about the movies that are already out, i agree with you in some ways but i still think marvel movies lack great story lines, all they do if fight fight fight

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Iron man- Billionaire playboy plays by his own rules turns into billionaire philanthropist who is willing to put himself under the control of a multinational organization despite some of the misgivings of his closest friends.

Captain America- random patriotic dork turns into patriotic super soldier that loses everything he knew to end up working for the gov(actually Hydra) 60 years in the future but still kept his moral compass so that he became a fugitive despite his closest friends misgivings.

I'd say those are the 2 strongest arcs in the MCU so far

Some of the movies have been mostly setup for follow on movies but there are still some small arcs in those that are worth while. The abundance of characters in the MCU makes it hard to delve too deeply into any one story without turning each movie into a 4 hour marathon.

Nolan did a great job with Batman but he had 6 hours for a character that has been hashed out extensively in film already. I liked Liam Neeson as R'as al ghul but the standout performance in that trilogy was Ledger. He made the second movie. If the Bane story would have been the second film I think it would have been viewed more favorably.

Loki has been a solid villain in the MCU. Unfortunately the villains are where the MCU is lacking. Zemo in CW was fine but served as a means to get the big fight going. If Thanos doesn't work out that could be a huge blow to the MCU.

Regardless, the MCU movies are just fun to watch. I gave 2 shits about ant man before I saw the movie. But it was really good and I looked the tie in with CW. I was vaguely familiar with guardians of the galaxy but some good performances and a solid sound track make that movie an easy one to sit down and rewatch. With a lot of the DC stuff you just feel tired at the end.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah, i am talking about the movies that are already out, i agree with you in some ways but i still think marvel movies lack great story lines, all they do if fight fight fight

Not much crowd appeal for super heros that sits around all day. I liked Dead Pool but all the rest are just something to watch while eating microwave popcorn. I've never liked comic books so the movies are no big deal for me.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Since the release of Pokemon go , I don't think I'll have any time for movies anymore.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I grew up in the 60's and DC was the top dog with MC running a close 2nd but the movies have reversed the standings with Marvel on top and DC trying to get a solid story line going and failing for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kneel4zodd

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i really liked what they did with dawn of justice. well when it comes to marvel i just thin they are Only making more movie. "Dr strange" will be out in 2 months

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    With the new releases I can't comment as I refuse to pay the high ticket price at the theaters and wait to see them when they come out on video or NetFlix

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    i really liked what they did with dawn of justice. well when it comes to marvel i just thin they are Only making more movie. "Dr strange" will be out in 2 months

plus the new xmen movies wasn't appealing at all

Marvel has more movies and they're all above average movies.

Xmen has some potential but it's a whole different studio working with those characters.

kneel4zodd

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well i guess its better than when wolverine was the most important character .

Top Bottom