• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Respectfully disagree.

There are several ways to tune your rifle. An adjustable gas block is an easy way to do so and can be an inexpensive way too. If you're trying to adjust the amount of gas/pressure in the system with off the shelf components there are only so many options. An adjustable block has been acknowledged by several manufacturers (noveske, pof, pws, Adams, Sig, etc) as a good option for suppressor equipped firearms.

Those guys sell those components though........
    Give a guy that knows what he is doing a chance. If that falls then Fo with Plan B.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are we talking about assembly or machining?

Tell a guy with the tools and some know how what you want and how you want it to run, he can make you a custom gas system/buffer system/bcg etc.

What's that going to cost? What if you change your mind about how you want to run it after it's tuned? Change your ammo?

An adjustable gas block is an easy way to get your rifle to run smoother over several configurations without breaking the bank and it's easy enough that you don't have to pay some one else to do it.

I don't want an under gassed gun of I take my can off my rifle. I also don't want gas in my face or to chase brass when the cans on. Adjustable gas block fixes both those issues.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The rare chance I have to disagree.
    Tell that guy what ammo you plan to run and he should be able to tell you a price. Whether it gets into the gas port or weight work. I will always go the cheapest route 1st. Anything above that, we will talk about before sweat breaks my brow, trust me. As a small biz owner I think we agree of this. Im coming from the more machinists side of things.
    The Adj Gb you describe is 3, maybee, 2 settings. Still takes work. (you said changing ammo)
    Do you want to spend $200 in ammo figuring it out for yourself, or pay me $50 all in to do it? -the cost of a Adj GB.....
    Adj GB do have their place. But so do backpage hookers....
    Nate, I respect and love you. I have done all my business with you.
    But, I eat breathe, and sleep this shit in hopes of opening my own shop soon.
    You said yourself cans aren't your main business. And thats fine. I still recommend you as my main SOT.
    I plan to open my shop across the border so there will be no competition.
    I plan to offer a shop. Focusing on LR stuff anyway.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The rare chance I have to disagree.
    Tell that guy what ammo you plan to run and he should be able to tell you a price. Whether it gets into the gas port or weight work. I will always go the cheapest route 1st. Anything above that, we will talk about before sweat breaks my brow, trust me. As a small biz owner I think we agree of this. Im coming from the more machinists side of things.
    The Adj Gb you describe is 3, maybee, 2 settings. Still takes work. (you said changing ammo)
    Do you want to spend $200 in ammo figuring it out for yourself, or pay me $50 all in to do it? -the cost of a Adj GB.....
    Adj GB do have their place. But so do backpage hookers....
    Nate, I respect and love you. I have done all my business with you.
    But, I eat breathe, and sleep this shit in hopes of opening my own shop soon.
    You said yourself cans aren't your main business. And thats fine. I still recommend you as my main SOT.
    I plan to open my shop across the border so there will be no competition.
    I plan to offer a shop. Focusing on LR stuff anyway.

$50 to tune? That's a deal.

I'm not saying an adjustsble gas block is the only way to tune a rifle. I'm saying it offers an easy way to do it.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, trying to get my name out there.
    Easy, cheap, and good will finally meet ;-)

Top Bottom