• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Hi everyone, Hunkyfish here, I've been off grid in the mountains of NW Maine for the last 13mths,,,, it was beautiful but I'm a Florida Boy & I'm very glad to be home. I survived several spills on the ice & a bout of kidney cancer, kidney removed now. Whenever I figure out why the forum keeps kicking me out after login I'll post some pics.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Where in Maine did you go ?? I lived there for 20yrs just before and long after I retired from the military. --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Glad to have you back Hunkyfish!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Close to my old homestead. Did you mean to say East Kennebago ?? That is between Stratton and Rangley,on the north side of Rte. 16. ---SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I killed tons of yotes out that way. Had exclusive rights to the Powers farm. On the left after crossing the concrete bridge. Plus hunted the old Niles farm (the big fields just before the end of the road).
    All that area plus up the side of Kennebago has a lot of coyotes. --SAWMAN

Last edited:

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took a shot at one on the run that was chasing turkeys thru the yard & had a couple on camera but I must have had a group of 25+ turkeys in the yard all fall. I've got video of the afternoon feedings at the Power's farm, I heard that Mr Powers died back around Christmas but they logged the land across the road & she had someone picking her firewood off of it when I left a couple of weeks ago

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going to have to keep an eye on you for a while now that you turned into a Maniac. :)

Traveled that country for years. My territory for security background work was all of ME, NH and VT. I used to drive up to Bangor / Brewer and setup shop in a motel and then start doing my investigations in the surrounding area.

Good to have you back.
    Ed

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rapier about the only traveling I got to do while I was there was back & forth to Farmington to Home Depot or to the hospital, last summer I got to do some ATV riding before I injured my back again. But you are in my old stomping grounds,,, I grew up on the docks in Destin

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dug up this old pic (1995) of a yote that I killed early AM in the large fields out back of the Powers farm. Basil was taking the pic as he made it mandatory to show him every coyote that I killed. As you stated,he passed away a year or so ago. His wife (Harriet) is still alive and lives at the farm. The pic was taken in his driveway by the house.
    I remember them living there long before they had electricity. Great people,both of them. Between me and my sports,we probably took well over 100 yotes off his farm in the years that I was allowed to hunt it. The one pictured weighed 52lbs. I probably took 15 from the farm that were 50lbs+. One was 58. Biggest I have ever killed,to this day. And this was before the digital callers came out. Shortly after this,I got my first FoxPro digital (which I still have),then I really started kickin' some coyote ass.
    Great times back then. ---SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20160820_113741.jpg
      20160820_113741.jpg
      646.1 KB · Views: 117
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom