• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk of Camp Perry. Is anyone planning to go this year (this coming week)?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Let's see.. unless Camp Perry has a mess of half naked girls holding firearms, swilling beer, and listening to blood flowing music, while a bunch of fat-assed angry men argue about politics and the best plastic guns, you probably will not see much discussion on this forum, about that topic.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Joel you , you do have a way with words, In my younger days of life looked forward to going to camp perry to shoot, was there when a record number of people attended, would go for two weeks, Just my 5 cents jj

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife and I just got back from Pistol Phase and both of us came home with pistol leg points towards the Distinguished Pistol badge.

We both earned Distinguished Rifleman and it was her idea to try for double distinguished by shooting pistol.

I didn't think I would like NRA Precision Pistol (aka Bullseye) but you are shooting almost continuously which doesn't give you any time to stand around. Plus the Springfield Armory Range Officer (.45acp version) is a pistol that can shoot good scores right out of the box. No longer is a $2K Les Baer needed to be competitive.

Here is a photo of my wife shooting her SW Model 41 in the CMP's .22 Rimfire EIC Match (CMP Photo)
    DSC_0005.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
      DSC_0005.jpg
      322.7 KB · Views: 174

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you shoot Rifle or Pistol?
    I shot pistol. I did ok but should have done much better! I had equipment issues on the first day but shot pretty well on the last day to bring up my score a bit. I finished 8th in Expert class (200 or so competitors) and 90th overall (700 competitors). I learned alot so hopefully I'll do better next year.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bluedteel Julie looks good with the 45, on target you lucky to have a wife that shoots with you , kept it up just my 5 cents jj

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just returned today and had a great time. Already looking forward to next year!

It's quite the experience, isn't it? We did CMP rifle week for 10 years. That's an all day affair to shoot 50 round with 6 relays. They plan to install the E-targets for rifle in the next couple years.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It really was great! I shot air pistols at CMP with electronic scoring and got addicted. I'm not sure if it's different from E-targets but I'll begin a search for an air pistol soon. Very fun!

Last edited:

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rifle Squadded Practice had rain today and after all the waiting they made them evacuate the range (must have been lightning). A friend on the AMU posted a photo of a few pair of boots sitting in front of a fan to dry. They would have running the M16 EIC match on Day of SAFS in the rain.

Looks like dry weather for those long match days ahead.

This was our 13th year going up and now that I have done CMP pistol the last two years, I am not missing those hours in the pit pulling targets LOL.

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    6 Man Team Match in 2014

Standing 200 yards pair firing (2 team members share a firing point, take turns, take a shot out of turn and earn a miss for score), 10 shots per team member. When finished, rotate out to the next two shooters.

_DSC0118.jpg

The rapid fire strings are fired one team member at a time at 200 and 300.

600 yard pair firing. Same as above, but depending on conditions coach may give corrections or hold you back for wind. 20 shots per team member. When complete, rotate in the next two team members. Southern teams take about 45 minutes to complete. There are teams that take the entire 2 hour 6 minutes allotted time. That is misery for the pit pullers.

_DSC0155.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0118.jpg
      _DSC0118.jpg
      558.7 KB · Views: 138
    • _DSC0155.jpg
      _DSC0155.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 145
    Top Bottom