• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They [AA Tactical] have recently increased their pricing on everything. I've been using them for transfers, but now that they've raised them to $40 I won't be.

I last visited AA Tactical not too long after they opened up and thought they had "fair for Crestview" pricing which means I was not expecting much as the stores around here seem to follow Jay's pricing lead, so thank God for the Internet. I didn't know about their $40 transfers and price increases, guess I'll stick with Nick at Patriot Arms for transfers.

The sticker shock is reinforced when I'm visiting family in the Marietta/Kennesaw, GA and Athens/Madison, AL area and stop in gun stores around there. I see the gun prices there and think "wow, this is how the other half live".:shocked:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you know what you want stop by trade winds on 98 and talk to Miles S. He may be able to get what you want at more decent pricing, mainly cost of the gas and your time to get there is what it costs to find out. For transfers I have used Bill Morrison at the trading post where cervantes changes to scenic hwy. I am sure your guy nick is also good. I have been doing business with the above more than 25 yrs.
    I last visited AA Tactical not too long after they opened up and thought they had "fair for Crestview" pricing which means I was not expecting much as the stores around here seem to follow Jay's pricing lead, so thank God for the Internet. I didn't know about their $40 transfers and price increases, guess I'll stick with Nick at Patriot Arms for transfers.

The sticker shock is reinforced when I'm visiting family in the Marietta/Kennesaw, GA and Athens/Madison, AL area and stop in gun stores around there. I see the gun prices there and think "wow, this is how the other half live".:shocked:

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have recently increased their pricing on everything. I've been using them for transfers, but now that they've raised them to $40 I won't be.
    Yeah I have used AA tactical in the past for transfers and didn't know they doubled their price before I had a firearm shipped to them last week. $40 bucks plus for a transfer? Kinda steep IMO, granted everyone in Crestview charges $40 and ok it's my fault for assuming that transfers were still $20, but damn man, did they have to double the price?

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry the only FFL I let touch me where I pee is Nate!!!

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here lately it has become obvious to me that you need to check the entire relationsip with a dealer on a constant basis. I made the same mistake several months ago, discovered the dealer had changed his transfer fee from $25 to $50. This same dealer is now trying to sell used handguns at $20 less than new in the box guns. Then I picked up a used rifle to look at, the safety was compleatly missing. I called the sales clerk over and handed him the rifle and told him it was a defective product with that safety removed, it needed to be off the floor, he put the rifle back In the rack, on the floor. Then I told him it was a products hazard and very dangerous, he just shrugged. I have stopped going into that store.
    Ed

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If ya'll have noticed,over the last year and a half,some of the small local dealers have hung around this forum and continued to advertise and offer help to the members. They have kept their transfer fees super low. (Mike's is $50.)Some have adopted the attitude (IMO)that they have gotten too big to need the members anymore.
    My buisness will go to the FFL's that I feel haven't "abandoned " us. ---SAWMAN

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In Crestview:
    Precision Tactical transfer fee is $20
    Everyone else I have called is $40 n up. That is in Crestview anyway, I have to call around Ft Walton to see what the rates are these days.
    Who is the "go to" FFL in Milton? Not very familiar with the shops out there.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In Crestview:
    Precision Tactical transfer fee is $20
    Everyone else I have called is $40 n up. That is in Crestview anyway, I have to call around Ft Walton to see what the rates are these days.
    Who is the "go to" FFL in Milton? Not very familiar with the shops out there.

Nate's the go to as far as I'm concerned, and it just so happens he's in the Milton area.

Top Bottom