• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Jerry Brown signed six stringent gun-control measures Friday that will require people to turn in high-capacity magazines and mandate background checks for ammunition sales, as California Democrats seek to strengthen gun laws that are already among the strictest in the nation.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...tri.html/RK=0/RS=5kv.nLOyCj.juoIy3NxrA1VpPL0-

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So this clown believes Responsible People will continue to report lost or stolen guns and irresponsible people will not. He says he doesn't think the bill would help, so he vetoed that one. Then he signs a bill requiring mags with greater than 10 rnd capacity to be forfeited and background checks on ammo. Evidently in the "high capacity mag" and ammo buying world, there are no responsible people. Good thing the Kalifornia politburo is there to protect the citizens with common-sense gun laws. These will definitely be followed by the criminals.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so everytime you want to go get 100 rds of .22lr, you have to have a background check?

this is utter bs

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What iI wondered is if the button on AR is not legal any more how are you going to change mags. Will you now have to use some kind of key?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mark my words: This sh!t's gonna spread this way. First Hawaii, now the Commiefornians.
    Can I get orders to Alaska? Please! The high temperature in Anchorage today is 70 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What iI wondered is if the button on AR is not legal any more how are you going to change mags. Will you now have to use some kind of key?

you have to register your bullet button AR as a Registered Assault Weapon. Featureless rifles (ones that don't have pistol grips, telescoping stocks, flash hiders, etc) are different I think. Once you register a bullet button AR as a RAW it really limits where you can have it, transport it, etc. Doesn't really matter you can't have a friend watch a gun when you're on vacation anymore because that's a crime now too. If you look on calguns everyone is freaking out and I think everyone is going to have to wait and see what the laws really mean for gun owners.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Or nation-wide all at once if Hillary and Bill make Lynch a Supreme Court Justice.
    Chew on that for a minute...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I like the AR and AK weapon systems as well as the next guy. . . . . . HOWEVER . . . . . It just might be time for you guys to be thinking of picking up some lever,bolt,or even some single shot guns.
    IMO the last guns to ever be regulated are my NEF Handing Rifles and my lever guns. Get the above in "familiar" chamberings if you must.
    Make sure that you are "tooled up" to reload all chamberings that you will retain long term. --- SAWMAN

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are correct in many ways Mr. Sawman, an yes Dan I wish I was back in Alaska myself, miss it a lot!!! Y'all have have a good an safe 4th. !!!! Denny in pace !!!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the AR and AK weapon systems as well as the next guy. . . . . . HOWEVER . . . . . It just might be time for you guys to be thinking of picking up some lever,bolt,or even some single shot guns.
    IMO the last guns to ever be regulated are my NEF Handing Rifles and my lever guns. Get the above in "familiar" chamberings if you must.
    Make sure that you are "tooled up" to reload all chamberings that you will retain long term. --- SAWMAN

Or simply ignore the law. If semi-autoguns are ever outlawed I'll just switch to full auto guns. If I'm going down for a felony I might as well do it with something like an M60 rather than an AR. I've already drawn my line in the sand........

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I see a lot of lost stolen and weapons being reported in Commifornia's near future.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm trying to remember a few years back, one of the Eastern states...NY, Mass ??? passed a law to require residents to bring in their rifles/report/register? Can't remember the details but what I do remember was that the gun owners en masse did not comply with the law...anyone else remember what the heck I am thinking of?

The govt does not have a good handle on the weapons you own and I would be suprised if ever any confiscation would happen...especially in the deep south. Still, I know the mindless attack on our rights will not stop so resist we must if we are to enjoy our rights, freedoms and firearms

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brutal irony that, as mentioned in the article, these bills were signed on the eve of Independence Day.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know if you give them an inch they will take a mile but I say let them have it their way in California. Then sit back and watch as their crime rates increase. It's all a supply and demand thing. First with guns, the supply of available guns goes down, more guns stolen/home invasions for weapons. Also less guns on the street increases my demand to rob you of your stuff, muggings, home invasions, robberies, etc.

I know that it could lead to a slippery slope of gov officials wanting to nut up and try to pass laws this way but they will never go through. So, let Cali have at it and watch the unfortunate carnage that will ensue.

Also, I like AR AK types just like the next guy but when was the last time the Ruger Mini 14 or 30 was on a gun bill? I think you could pop a few low life's just as easy with ones of these. image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      16.1 KB · Views: 180

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ and that's when they go for confiscation.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm trying to remember a few years back, one of the Eastern states...NY, Mass ??? passed a law to require residents to bring in their rifles/report/register? Can't remember the details but what I do remember was that the gun owners en masse did not comply with the law...anyone else remember what the heck I am thinking of?

The govt does not have a good handle on the weapons you own and I would be suprised if ever any confiscation would happen...especially in the deep south. Still, I know the mindless attack on our rights will not stop so resist we must if we are to enjoy our rights, freedoms and firearms

Connecticut had a registration law. I think the comply rate was like 8%.

Edit: Here's an article on Connecticut's attempt.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/citizens-revolt-refuse-to-register-guns/

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm saying that if the people of California see the light then every state will. I don't think it would come near confiscation.
    They haven't yet..
    My point is that when this nonsense goes through, and crime doesn't drop or increases, the libtard politicians will see confiscation as the next "logical" in the war against "gun-violence" you know, to keep the children safe from guns, and all.
    Because you know, if regulation and restriction doesn't work, you need to just outlaw outright. THAT'll do the trick.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is it that we can't vote on things like this? These are big decisions that should be dealt with by the public. I know we vote in people to make decisions for us, but when do we step in and say hey we have the right to vote on this...?

Also, I see your point there Dan and agree with you

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    meanwhile, in Hawaii...

As the gun control debate goes from full boil to simmer with the congressional recess, we turn to see what's going on in the states regarding the issue. We see this (link is external), out of Hawaii. And it is stunning:
    Hawaii's governor signed a bill making it the first state to place its residents who own firearms in a federal criminal record database and monitor them for possible wrongdoing anywhere in the country, his office said.
    The move by gun control proponents in the liberal state represents an effort to institute some limits on firearms in the face of a bitter national debate over guns that this week saw Democratic lawmakers stage a sit-in at the U.S. House of Representatives.
    Hawaii Governor David Ige, a Democrat, on Thursday signed into law a bill to have police in the state enroll people into an FBI criminal monitoring service after they register their firearms as already required, his office said in a statement.
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation database called "Rap Back" will allow Hawaii police to be notified when a firearm owner from the state is arrested anywhere in the United States.
    Hawaii has become the first U.S. state to place firearm owners on the FBI's Rap Back, which until now was used to monitor criminal activities by individuals under investigation or people in positions of trust such as school teachers and daycare workers
    "As you can imagine, the NRA finds this one of the most extreme bills we've ever seen," said Amy Hunter, a spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association's institute for legislative action.
    The law could affect gun owners outside Hawaii, because the state requires visitors carrying guns to register, Hunter said.
    At least the gun control mask is completely off now. The intent is no longer to just get rid of guns (and possibly that annoying Second Amendment ), but to move toward criminalizing gun ownership.

Top Bottom