ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467317090.255519.jpg
      22.3 KB · Views: 59

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think Nate had a FDE one, not sure about the safety though. Why the safety, if you don't mind the question...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I think Nate had a FDE one, not sure about the safety though. Why the safety, if you don't mind the question...
    Excellent question Mr. White!
    While a striker fired pistol does not need a thumb safety at all, I have a very good reason: for the last 3+ years, I've been shooting a 1911 on a regular basis, and for some time manipulating the thumb safety is something that has been worked into the muscle memory of my drawstroke, and my shooting. When to flip up, when to flip down has become second nature. Not once have I ever forgotten to use the safety when I needed to do so one way or the other. As I tinker with different platforms, everytime I shoot, I want it to continue to reinforce that manipulation and muscle memory because at the end of the day, 1911 is my go-to. In other words, I don't want to lose the habit. If that makes sense? It does in my mind, but half of you already think I'm nuts anyway! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's exactly what I was thinking, just thought I'd ask. I agree with your thought process on this as well. I purchased one for the wife w/o the safety just for simplicity of use on her part.
    I'm sure you already know but the Apex trigger is a good investment on the M&Ps.
    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I also just bought an M&P9C to sweat on, and the wife carries a P238. So this way, everything works the same.
    I'm game for any color. I'd even take Tiffany Blue if the price is right, but it's gotta have the safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Go to buds and check them out, have it sent to Nate, they have some good used one's. jj
    Just checked Buds 349.00 shipped, should be in to it for about 370-00. Just ckecked again does not have a thumb safety but a mew one with is 441.00 shipped. , I would get it with out for almost 100. less jj

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hmmm.
    Apparently there's all kinds of cool stuff: Long slides, optics ready, ported barrels, PC Sears. The problem is that none of them come with a safety. At this point, I'm even thinking of buying one of the cool loaded ones, as well as a basic thumb safety one then swapping slides and dumping the other one.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Go to buds and check them out, have it sent to Nate, they have some good used one's. jj
    Just checked Buds 349.00 shipped, should be in to it for about 370-00. Just ckecked again does not have a thumb safety but a mew one with is 441.00 shipped. , I would get it with out for almost 100. less jj
    That price is really hard to pass up on those PD trade-ins, so I've gone ahead and ordered. Thanks for the heads up, JJ. Much appreciated.
    There's plenty left folks!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom