• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Suppressed RARR in 300 Blackout w/thermal sight and handloaded subsonic frangible bullet. Spotted it crossing the driveway (dillo(s) dug up grass next to driveway last night). Wife never heard the shot inside the house.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey you to come over my house. I got one he dug up my whole yard like he own the place. Then dogs a hole and go under my house. He won't never come out in the morning why everyone at school or work. Glad you got him cause they can mess up a yard

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've been at war with them for several years (and am winning). When I see fresh digging, I start going out on night "patrol" until I get one.

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got one in my have-a-heart last week. Made the mistake of putting the carcass in the trash can(bagged 3x in grocery bags then in a hefty bag which was twisted and tied). The smell after only 4 days was oppressive.

Problem I have with dillos is that they are up when I am not. I've occasionally seen one around 5am, but that's less than once a year, and I know they frequent my yard more often than that.

I have busted 3 possums in the last two months that wandered into that trap.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah the ones around here must come out around 3am. When they hear me snoring I need something quiet I can shoot. Cause I stay up and pop him cause I almost tripped last time cutting the yard.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The Hacienda lady said she didn't know "bobinbusan" and she wants the dillos cleaned and deboned.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Hacienda lady said she didn't know "bobinbusan" and she wants the dillos cleaned and deboned.

will cleaning them with a 12ga, 3' magnum 000buck work? that would have the added benefit of dicing them up...

for a minute there, I thought it said she wants the dildos cleaned and deboned....:eyebrows:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been at war with the nasty SOBs for several years now. Finally got the coons and possums down to a light whisper from a mighty roar. And the Armo Dildoes are down to an occasional stupid one. But me, the trap and the 6.5 Grendel with its can and its IR sight have had our way with them. That 160 gr 6.5 arrow anchors them to the ground, plenty, but a 22 CB cap was very iffy on a big dildo.

By the way, a $20 driveway alarm in several places will let you know when one crosses your yard.
    Ed

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    trap door was down this morning. Went to check it, and the rod the pops up to keep the door shut is bent about 60 degrees, empty trap/

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    trap door was down this morning. Went to check it, and the rod the pops up to keep the door shut is bent about 60 degrees, empty trap/

I went to a seminar on minimizing/preventing animal damage. Presenters talked about catch them alive trapping dillos and letting the dillos loose miles away from the homes. I said the dillos have bent the traps getting out; presenters said NO; I stood up and asked the audience to raise there hands if dillos have bent their traps; MANY raised their hands; presenters didn't know what to say.

Tried the driveway alarms. While they work, I had too many false alarms due to neighbor's cats and dogs. I guess it would depend upon what other animals are present.

Now I live in the country, but a thermal sight (also have a silencer mounted) turned the tide.

DSCN1925.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1925.jpg
      DSCN1925.jpg
      663 KB · Views: 197
    Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I went to a seminar on minimizing/preventing animal damage. Presenters talked about catch them alive trapping dillos and letting the dillos loose miles away from the homes. I said the dillos have bent the traps getting out; presenters said NO; I stood up and asked the audience to raise there hands if dillos have bent their traps; MANY raised their hands; presenters didn't know what to say.

Tried the driveway alarms. While they work, I had too many false alarms due to neighbor's cats and dogs. I guess it would depend upon what other animals are present.

Now I live in the country, but a thermal sight (also have a silencer mounted) turned the tide.

View attachment 45268

what kind of treehugging PETA liberal would advocate relocating armadillos? they are not an endangered species whatsoever....destructive to lawns, they can carry leprosy, in pastures, their holes can break horse legs, they can burrow under concrete slabs & weaken structures...

let the PETA folks adopt em, or shoot em

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Believe they are an invasive species in FL, came up from Mexico way.... No season and no limit

Up until a few years ago you needed a "gun and light" permit to shoot them after sunset in Florida. Plus you needed to call a FWC 1-800 number when you were going to go out shooting them after sunset in case someone called in a gunshots heard complaint. Yes, I followed the rules and had an armadillo permit. At least the permit was free.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still have my old G&L permit. But when they did away with them, I just built a can or two so as not to disturb the neighbors. I still need a 1-10 or 8 twist liner to put in a 16 inch, cut off, 510 barrel so I can whack them with the SSS sub sonic 60gr 22 LR rounds. The fastest twist I have found in a liner is a 12 and it is too slow to stabilize the 60. I built a single shot pistol barrel to try the 12 twist and it went through the paper target at 100 oblong.
    Ed

Top Bottom