• 1131759 - Copy (3).jpg
      1131759 - Copy (3).jpg
      587.5 KB · Views: 208
    Last edited:

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I thought you would want to use your drifting technique in the turns? Nice picture

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fun stuff. That really is an awesome road. Don't miss out on all the other not-so-famous-but-just-as-fun rides up there. Now I need to go up there again with the new bike.

Nice Vette. What motor? 350?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's 1989 L98 350 w/a whopping 240hp. We did run other roads, 2 long days worth, Cherohala, Foothills, Smokey Mountain loop, so much fun, and intense at times. But nothing there compared to the day on the Mothership's track, best time I've ever had behind the wheel.

I did enough unintentional drifting on the track, kind of unnerving when the rear ends steps out on a 70mph curve. But that track is not really a race track, more for education purposes so it's set up for you to screw up without hitting anything. All of the curves have paved overrun areas which I visited at least once.

Rick

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Someday I want to get a 69 Mustang Fastback and cruise those roads. NASCAR races on the road course in Sonoma this weekend, I wish they raced on the 2 road courses twice a year instead of one. Road racing is much more exciting.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's 1989 L98 350 w/a whopping 240hp. We did run other roads, 2 long days worth, Cherohala, Foothills, Smokey Mountain loop, so much fun, and intense at times. But nothing there compared to the day on the Mothership's track, best time I've ever had behind the wheel.

I did enough unintentional drifting on the track, kind of unnerving when the rear ends steps out on a 70mph curve. But that track is not really a race track, more for education purposes so it's set up for you to screw up without hitting anything. All of the curves have paved overrun areas which I visited at least once.

Rick
    Cherohala skyway has some amazing views.

Those motors never put out much hp. But plenty of torque I'm sure. I'm totally jealous of your trip to the track though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cherohala skyway has some amazing views.

I'm sure it does but I didn't see a speck of it, focused like a laser on the car in front of me.

RH

Please take this bit of advise from someone who's been a road racer in formula cars since 1990. Do not focus on the car in front of you, focus on the track (road) instead. If you focus on the car in front of you and he drives off the road guess where you'll be going next.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you really want to have fun with your street car check out http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/
    Very inexpensive, coaching if you need it, safe and incredible amount of fun.

Top Bottom