• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter is turning 8 at the end of the month and I am going to be getting her her first rifle, I also would like to have her take some sort of beginners class oriented toward firearm safety and such.
    I have shown her a few things but I believe she will take in more info in a instructor/ student setting rather than father/daughter ( dad never says interesting things) and I honestly have never taken a gun course of any kind so I have a few bad habits that I would hate for her to inherit as well.
    It doesn't have to even be a professional instructor. I have met more than a few guys on this forum that have great attention to safety and would love to get their knowledge passed on to her so she can start yelling at me when I do something dumb.
    Please let me know if you know of anybody around the area. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately I can't help you, but I commend you for your thinking. I never thought about it as my daughter is only 4, but I can see where my daughter would comprehend more from a complete stranger sometimes rather than her father. Good on you for wanting to bring her up right! This country needs more dads like yourself.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter is turning 8 at the end of the month and I am going to be getting her her first rifle, I also would like to have her take some sort of beginners class oriented toward firearm safety and such.
    I have shown her a few things but I believe she will take in more info in a instructor/ student setting rather than father/daughter ( dad never says interesting things) and I honestly have never taken a gun course of any kind so I have a few bad habits that I would hate for her to inherit as well.
    It doesn't have to even be a professional instructor. I have met more than a few guys on this forum that have great attention to safety and would love to get their knowledge passed on to her so she can start yelling at me when I do something dumb.
    Please let me know if you know of anybody around the area. Thanks.

Sent from my LG

I don't know if he is still there but, Richard (range master) at styx river shooting center is great with kids learning to shoot.
    he used to be there during the summer @8am weekdays to teach kids hands-on training.

I have not been there much these days but there were always 8-10 kids there shooting with his guidance.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool thanks for the info. I will give them a call and get some info.

rob85k5

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They do a kids shoot, small bore, on the first and third Saturday's of each month, at Styx. You can borrow a rifle. They also get free ammo and targets and the range to themselves from 7-8. My kids really enjoy it.
    Image1466980061.109100.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Image1466980061.109100.jpg
      Image1466980061.109100.jpg
      231.3 KB · Views: 160

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Completely forgot I had posted this. Thanks for all the info guys. I will be seriously looking into a class in about a month when the last of the visitors go back home.

Top Bottom