• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Timing has to be just right. In 10 minutes time, I've seen 8-10 people swing by to look in the Walmart ammo box. The other day one store had what must have been 150 boxes of .22 in 50 rnd boxes. Next day all were gone at 3 per customer. I stopped chasing the crap and found I run into it as much now as then. Must be catching up. Doubling the price slows the gougers too. Still, who would have thought this would last over 3 1/2 years?

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    they must have unloaded them behind counter, I was there at 1730 , none behind the glass case..
    plenty of other ammo there...

There may have only been the two boxes of .22. I was walking through looking for an Ozark Trail tumbler and there was an employee with a cart right in front of the ammo case. The cart was stacked up with boxes about waist high. I was looking around and he asked if I needed anything. I asked do you have any .22 and he said you are in luck, I have a box right here. As he was opening it he said the are the 1,000 round boxes. I asked how much are they and he said fifty bucks, do you want one. I said no thanks and walked off. I rarely go in Wal Mart but have several times in the last week or so looking for a tumbler. I too have seen people everytime looking into the glass case.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There may have only been the two boxes of .22. I was walking through looking for an Ozark Trail tumbler and there was an employee with a cart right in front of the ammo case. The cart was stacked up with boxes about waist high. I was looking around and he asked if I needed anything. I asked do you have any .22 and he said you are in luck, I have a box right here. As he was opening it he said the are the 1,000 round boxes. I asked how much are they and he said fifty bucks, do you want one. I said no thanks and walked off. I rarely go in Wal Mart but have several times in the last week or so looking for a tumbler. I too have seen people everytime looking into the glass case.

I try to make talk with the guys there, Anthony & scott, it helps...picked up 1000 rds several months ago that was not on the shelf, but under the counter

$50 is about the best I have seen around here, excluding internet sales..

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been turning down 22lr from my distributors as I have way too much in stock but I've started taking some to stockpile for November . I think I'm at 150k rounds right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Robertsdale walmart, 2000+ rounds of 22lr, mixture of 100 round packs of federal and 50 round boxes of CCI standard velocity. Also a 500 round case of the CCI standard velocity.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Navy Wally World had 100 rd Winchester in the red sleeve for $10 yesterday. Probably still there due to price

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Navy Wally World had 100 rd Winchester in the red sleeve for $10 yesterday. Probably still there due to price

not a bad price, about the same as wallyworld Ensley, when in stock..

dug through my boxes the other day, found some marked .59 a box of 50

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bass Pro in Spanish Fort AL has 333rd .Federal boxes on hand for $19.99 .was there around 4 pm today tmp_17214-20160930_151308-1057791783.jpg

Attachments

• tmp_17214-20160930_151308-1057791783.jpg
      tmp_17214-20160930_151308-1057791783.jpg
      461.9 KB · Views: 132

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I should have stopped by there last week. Haven't seen any .22 ammo at the Pace Walmart in over a year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Part of the issue there are resellers who have a nifty little program on their phones
    that lets them know when the shipment comes into Walmart...
    most of them usually know about when the pallets come out,
    due to it being really important to them...some will even pay off employees/managers
    to let them know when they're going to roll it out...

How do I know? Caught a few over the last few years.

The first one years ago I was standing next to in Walmart at 5am, because I've got that same app...
    recognized him from a LGS, made small talk while waiting for them to slice off the saran wrap...
    at the time, didn't think anything of it, until later that morning when I went to their shop
    just as they opened, and he's in there with a price gun marking the .22lr's up 3 times
    over what he just paid for 'em...$14.98 at Wally for Federal Automatch became $45.00 at his store.
    Made a note in my head, didn't say anything but "HI!" and looked around a bit...
    but that was the last time I ever bought ANYTHING from their store...
    not to mention making dang sure everyone I know then knew he was one of the gougers.
    Their gun prices tend to be a bit "Proud" as well, so it's really no loss not to buy there anymore.

Easiest way to find out you've found a gouger...
    they've got lots of Wally ammo at two/three times their price.
    I simply will never pay gouger prices. Its the best way to make 'em stop,
    is when they have tons on the shelf and nobody will touch it for those prices.
    Couple bux over Wally at a Mom & Pop GS, no problem, but double or triple?? Screw a buncha that.

So now, 95% of my firearms purchases are through Trusted Pawn Shops & F2F.
    I buy 6-12 guns a year, that's a lotta bread some places USED to make off me.
    All my GunsA. & GunB. purchases also go thru a local pawn shop. Less headache as well :)

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    There's a special place in hell for the Walmart ammo gougers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Monday. 10-31-16. I was just in Academy and they had the blue box federal .22 lr for $2.49 for 50. It is lead nose. I bought 500 but it appeared they had close to 1000 left. 500 round limit.

Top Bottom