• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    f11392ab01c899249a5861ed296c7d5e.jpg

Temp at 170 time to wrap it with foil to finish.
    75b932149394e5684964c405991dba47.jpg

Melt in your mouth
    a765d6218d6fbad2d78587f0554ec366.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BBQ chicken with garlic and herb new potatoes smoked on the grill in beer and butter

a8c66edc3ab94a2df26eeb9d206abb47.jpg

849d008ca97c9d17856c7d82933a5b9e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a roll this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too many tourist out this weekend to enjoy the beach so I decided to stay home, grill meat, and drink beer.
    I'm with ya on that one. But you're making my burgers look like child's play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I dont think there is much better than beer and butter with some chicken and taters to go with it,looks great.

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to get that one day.
    Yes you do.

I did a rack of ribs yesterday on my Akorn Kooker. I got the charcoal and wood chunks going real good and put the ribs on at 370F with the thermostat set for 225F. I closed down the upper vent to nearly closed and watched the temp drop over the next hour to 225F at which time the thermostat took over and held that temperature rock-solid for the next three hours.

I took the ribs off, set the thermostat to 500F, and went inside to prep the corn-on-the cob. In a few minutes, the fire was roaring and it took only a a short while to roast the corn at the higher temperature.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My neighbor from across the street made the trip with his boat(towed on trailer) down to Marathon Fla. (about halfway down the Keys) to do some fishing for the last week or so. He made it out into the edge of the Gulf stream a couple of the better WX days and hooked up to a "mess" of Mahi Mahi. These were the smaller(non weed line)ones that were from 15 to 20lbs or so.

I watched his house for him,signed for his FedEx,and made sure nobody swiped his ECSO Tahoe. Sooooooo ........ I guess he felt obligated to give me some fish. I ended up with several packages of Mahi Mahi fillets that must have went 4lbs or so.

Sunday AM I started marinating about 1 1/2 lbs in a mixture of mayo,horseradish ,and lemon zest. In the afternoon I started a hardwood (pecan wood)fire in my fire pit. I put on the cooking grate and when the fire got down to just coals I put the Mahi Mahi on. The fillets were semi thick so about 2 minutes per side was all they took to come off cooked about medium.

I put several long strips on a long french bread roll with a small amount of mayo and Zatarain's Creole Mustard. And ......... ate the shit outta it. After that I decided that the "extras" were unneeded so I ate the rest without all the "extra stuff".

When I haven't had any good fish in awhile,it's amazing how much I can eat. Did the same with AJ about a month ago ..... even better IMO. ---SAWMAN

Top Bottom