• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So Who out there is going to get the last NFA items that you been dreaming of before the 41F comes into affect. Or are not not worried about it?

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

Myself Just ordered a second 9mm suppressor Also looking at ordering a second .45 suppressor. That will make it a total of 7 and three SBR's with the item below. Is the 10th tax stamp free??? ha ha ha :dance:

Also just bought a Zenith Z-5P (MP5K Clone) and gonna SBR/922r it and pretty much set it up like below. Got a great deal on the last one from Gordon at HK Spec.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/03/15/iv8888-shoots-the-zenith-z-5p-sbr-suppressed/

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/zenith-z-5p-the-mp5k-done-right/

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used it to get the kitchen pass for a few $$ items. It's now or never honey! Just let her read the scariest article you can find about it. And mention Obama possibly getting a third term...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Old NFA Stamp/ownership (till July 2016) was:
    a. By individual, requiring all ID, prints, photo ect AND approval of Local Law Authority: many could not get approval!
    b. By establishing a Trust (several people can have Trust access and it eliminated a single Responsible Person (RP) and Steps required in "a".

41A Requires new Trusts or new NFA items being added to an existing Trust: to have a RP and do all the steps in "a" above but CLEO gets "Notification" (document copies with cover letter and keep a Delivery Reciept). CLEO Approval/Denial is formally discontinued but there is nothing stopping a CLEO from forwarding comments for consideration. This is still defacto local registration.

This is my basic understanding of it. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the new rule is removing the requirement to "ask permission of local LE". So basically no on can tell you no anymore?

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the new rule is removing the requirement to "ask permission of local LE". So basically no on can tell you no anymore?
    My understanding is that you still have to get permission if you don't have a trust. If you do have a trust then you have to get fingerprints done.

My LGS told me that Silencershop was putting in a kiosk that will take your fingerprints and scan your ID then file it automatically. So kinda takes the hassle out of 41f.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am pretty sure with the new 41F the local CLEO has to be notified but you don't need permission. I guess if you use your trust...

How will this affect my existing gun trust?

The construction of the final rule does not apply directly to existing trusts or entities in possession of NFA weapons, but to future applications made by both individuals and entities. After July 13, 2016, you will be required to submit or do the following with any Form 1 or Form 4 application:

a complete copy of your trust and any schedule or exhibit referenced by it;
    for each RP -
    Two FD-258 fingerprint cards
    A 2X2-inch photograph taken within the last year
    A completed NFA Responsible Person Questionnaire (ATF Form 5320.23). This form will require the input of a RP's full name, position, Social Security number (optional), home address, date and place of birth and nationality

Provide CLEO "notification"

Prior to submission, the applicant must forward a completed copy of the application form (Form 1 or Form 4) and all other RPs must forward a completed copy of their Form 5320.23 to the CLEO of the locality in which the applicant or RP is located. The new rule also defines who may be considered the CLEO as "the local chief of police, county sheriff, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor."

Does the new rule render gun trusts meaningless?

No, not at all. The gun trust will still be extremely advantageous in owning NFA weapons. While you may be subject to some new requirements in making future applications (which may be minimized, as discussed above), a gun trust is without doubt the best way to legally share the use of NFA weapons with others. The possibility of an accidental felony transfer of NFA weapons by permitting others to use them can be eliminated by holding the weapons in trust and making others beneficiaries and co-trustees of the trust.

In addition, use of a gun trust eliminates the need for a judicial probate process to transfer the weapons upon your death. When you consider that an attorney's retainer to do the most basic of probates may be $2,500 or more, this is a no-brainer.

Finally, a properly constructed gun trust is a comprehensive management system to instruct successors on how these weapons need to be handled, so that they know what restrictions are involved and don't get into trouble with these weapons.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't aware of the CLEO notification. I guess that's the only part that really bothers me.

I only have one other person who is on my trust. And I'll just make her come with me to do the fingerprints. Shell get over it;)

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the new rule is removing the requirement to "ask permission of local LE". So basically no one can tell you no anymore?

Thanks. Fixed my #5 above. CLEO "permission" not req, notification is. Does this make the process "Shall Issue" for the Local level? I think CLEO that would flat out disapprove applications in the past will write letters recommending disapproval at the higher level, referencing local issues. It will continue to be a form of Local NFA registration.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks. Fixed my #5 above. CLEO "permission" not req, notification is. Does this make the process "Shall Issue" for the Local level? I think CLEO that would flat out disapprove applications in the past will write letters recommending disapproval at the higher level, referencing local issues. It will continue to be a form of Local NFA registration.

The CLEO has never legally given permission. Their signature was nothing more than acknowledgement, it was a defacto permission slip since and individual couldn't process the Form without the signature. The only way they ATF can deny a form is if you have something that legally disqualifies you from owning a firearm and a CLEO with a case of the ass isn't on that list of disqualifying things.
    I don't like that I have another step involved after July, but it's a good thing for those who file as individuals in places where they couldn't get a signature.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shell get over it;)

Ha Ha Love it... Will not be so easy for me Wife, Daughter and Son all on my trust... I just am buying up what I want now... I will be done after this. The atf will have 1k of my money and that's probably enough anyway.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So if I'm reading all of this correctly, under the new rule, when any member of the trust wants to purchase a new NFA item, all co-trustees (responsible persons, aka RPs) must submit fingerprints, submit a 2"x2" photo, and notify the CLEO.

Is that right?

Or is it just the trust member who is actually making the new purchase who must submit prints, photos, and notification?

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So if I'm reading all of this correctly, under the new rule, when any member of the trust wants to purchase a new NFA item, all co-trustees (responsible persons, aka RPs) must submit fingerprints, submit a 2"x2" photo, and notify the CLEO.

Is that right?

Or is it just the trust member who is actually making the new purchase who must submit prints, photos, and notification?
    My understanding is everyone on the trust has to.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My understanding is everyone on the trust has to.

yes, and that totally sucks !!.......lots of wages lost to do that !!

chalk up another for that muslim raghead Osamabama :tsk:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    yes, and that totally sucks !!.......lots of wages lost to do that !!chalk up another for that muslim raghead Osamabama :tsk:

And just think whats gonna happen if Killary gets into office.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom