• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Up for sale is a unique AR15 pistol build in 7.62x39. I built this and applied my own Cerakote, it was a fun project. Pictures do not due this weapon justice. Everything is new unfired. NO MAG or sites included.

PM for contact, I'm located in Cantonment FL.

Upper is 7075-T6 forged with DPMS upper kit, 7.5" 7.62x39 barrel 1/10 twist, modified/sanded down low profile .750 gas block to fit under rail with stainless gas tube, Matrix Arms Charlie KeyMod Handguard, HFD2 muzzle brake 5/8 24 for .308, standard charging handle, AIM Nitride carrier with 7.62x39 MPI marked Nitride Bolt.

Lower is 7075-T6 forged Tactical Machine with factory black anodizing, Trigger is QMS trigger kit from PSA, KAK Blade with notched KAK tube, standard AR grip, NO MAGIZINE INCLUDED.

Upper price is $450

Lower Price is $250

Complete gun $685 If you offer less I will be more than happy to remove parts to get into your price range, example: remove Trigger -$65, remove muzzle brake -$50, remove carrier and bolt -$100.

z7.62-1.jpg
    z7.62-2.jpg
    z7.62-3.jpg
    z7.62-4.jpg
    z7.62-5.jpg
    z7.62-6.jpg

Attachments

• z7.62-1.jpg
      z7.62-1.jpg
      311.5 KB · Views: 356
    • z7.62-2.jpg
      z7.62-2.jpg
      366.7 KB · Views: 350
    • z7.62-3.jpg
      z7.62-3.jpg
      374 KB · Views: 350
    • z7.62-4.jpg
      z7.62-4.jpg
      302.4 KB · Views: 350
    • z7.62-5.jpg
      z7.62-5.jpg
      333.8 KB · Views: 352
    • z7.62-6.jpg
      z7.62-6.jpg
      285.5 KB · Views: 352

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Does this use standard 5.56 mags? How is the muzzle blast with this round with the short barrel vs a 5.56?

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Does this use standard 5.56 mags? How is the muzzle blast with this round with the short barrel vs a 5.56?

I went to the range today and shot some rounds through this. Gas system would not push bolt back enough to lock open on an empty mag. I'm going to drill the gas port and/or add an adjustable gas block. Other than that this was a blast to shoot, muzzle blast was manageable and every now and then you got to see some flash out the side of the brake.

Most people use dedicated 7.62x39 AR mags and you can find 30rds for $20 online. I hog hunt with 7.62x39 AR and I use 5-10 round mags and those are around $15 online.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Opening up the gas port should be done as the very last resort I would think. It's irreversible. The right adjustable gas block should take care of the lock back problem ..... IF ..... it is a gas problem. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you try other good mags that lock the bolt to the rear on other ARs (spring, follower or mag body issues)? Using lower velocity ammo? Ammo types, bullet wgt, velocity? Gas system leak, blockage? Bad fit bolt release?

Trouble shoot all other posibilities drill as last resort.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a 5/8x24 thread Spike's Barking Spider muzzle device. It WILL increase the back pressure (I had to remove it from my Mk18 5.56 upper as it increased the back pressure too much resulting in the rims being ripped off the cases). I'd be happy to get with you so you can try your upper with the Barking Spider. If it then works OK with the Spider, then that would be an indication your upper needs more gas. I also have a couple of SBR lowers that your upper can be tried on to see if that's the problem. Also have several more 7.62x39 AR mags you can try. Happy to help a fellow forum member, as I know a not perfect function AR is a pain. We can shoot it at my place (North of Whiting Field, Milton) or your shooting place.

PS If you want, we can also try some short uppers on your lower.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Did you try other good mags that lock the bolt to the rear on other ARs (spring, follower or mag body issues)? Using lower velocity ammo? Ammo types, bullet wgt, velocity? Gas system leak, blockage? Bad fit bolt release?

Trouble shoot all other posibilities drill as last resort.

Yes, I tried 3 different springs and 3 different weight buffers as I was also dialing in the 16" 300aac I also built but that one ran best with the regular buffer and and a few turns out on the gas block, basically a stock setting.

The 30rd dedicated ar7.62 mags I have used in other 7.62 ar's with no problem.

Thinking that maybe some cerakote is blocking the gas hole although before I painted it the hole looked much smaller than any other hole I've seen before, can't wait to check the size, I'll post it when I do.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a 5/8x24 thread Spike's Barking Spider muzzle device. It WILL increase the back pressure (I had to remove it from my Mk18 5.56 upper as it increased the back pressure too much resulting in the rims being ripped off the cases). I'd be happy to get with you so you can try your upper with the Barking Spider. If it then works OK with the Spider, then that would be an indication your upper needs more gas. I also have a couple of SBR lowers that your upper can be tried on to see if that's the problem. Also have several more 7.62x39 AR mags you can try. Happy to help a fellow forum member, as I know a not perfect function AR is a pain. We can shoot it at my place (North of Whiting Field, Milton) or your shooting place.

PS If you want, we can also try some short uppers on your lower.

Thanks for the offer, I'll check the stock gas port size and then if all seems like it should and I need more trial and error I'd love to come over to your yard and try some different configurations to get this sorted out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have some small drill bits also that you can run in(by hand)the bbls port to "clean it out" if that is the suspected problem. I had problems with a 10.5" 6.8SPC that I built and got these to open a gas port slightly.

I use the clean end of the drill bits to check for size of the port also. --- SAWMAN

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have some small drill bits also that you can run in(by hand)the bbls port to "clean it out" if that is the suspected problem. I had problems with a 10.5" 6.8SPC that I built and got these to open a gas port slightly.

I use the clean end of the drill bits to check for size of the port also.

Gas hole measured 53 .0635 and I drilled it to a 43 .0890 From my limited experience of my builds and looking at all the "internet gun smiths" that have taken matters into their own hands to get wolf ammo to cycle, this should run now..... we will see. I read several post of people who had to drill the hole to .125 for the barrels in the 7-8" range but that seems excessive.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Damn ...... port sized .635" seems awful small. Anything .0820" to .0930" should do it for you,IMO. --- SAWMAN

Yes, it was incredibly small. I wonder if the barrel had been designed specifically for a can and someone bought out all the over runs and sold them off as regular short barrels.

Anywho I did get out to the range today and ran several mags through with no issues. But seeing how there hasn't been any interest.... This might be my new hog hunter this year.

And since I found my 30rd 7.62x39 mag stash, I'm throwing in 1 with purchase. It's amazing all the places you tuck away you stuff so the wife won't find it, lol.

Top Bottom