• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wimbledon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Graphic language, graphic footage.
    The restraint shown here is unimaginable.
    Upon further investigation; the suspect was a person of interest in a homicide.
    The shooting was ruled justified, the perp survived. I don't know if I could show that type of restraint, let alone back into traffic. The officer did a fantastic job all the same.
    What do you think?
    Very intense, had to share.

https://youtu.be/93RBLmKYNDs

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    I don't get the SCREAMING over and over , it seems like you have lost control , tell them what to do and them taze them if non compliant ??. The guy was messed up but could have been taken down without shooting him . The officer seemed scared and not knowing how to react to a situation that you must have had in your mind was going to happen . But I know not all the facts , so I could be mistaken.

Last edited:

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cop sounded scared to death. Now that was funny.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    If I had a pistol drawn and trained on them, I would very calmly say " Either put the knife down or I am going to put you down, I am going to count to 3 >>"bang" << oh shit, it all happened so fast, I didn't even hear 1-2 , my bad !"

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't notice fear in his voice, he was quick to draw his weapon and fire a non lethal shot to the abdomen. The perp was in adrenaline mode. I see he kept calm and carried on, I bet if the perp rushed him. He would have been toasted...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I didn't notice fear in his voice, he was quick to draw his weapon and fire a non lethal shot to the abdomen. The perp was in adrenaline mode. I see he kept calm and carried on, I bet if the perp rushed him. He would have been toasted...

most would have double tapped him...he is lucky he still breathes air..

Wimbledon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Second that, caveman. I think he held it together pretty well given the circumstances. With only one shot fired, that perp hit the lottery.

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Let me clarify what I meant before all the Hens start pecking. I never said anything how I would react I just stated my opinion what I heard in his voice. Geesh

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Let me clarify what I meant before all the Hens start pecking. I never said anything how I would react I just stated my opinion what I heard in his voice. Geesh

I don' t think it was fear, but he was amped, running on 240 for sure...I would have shot the guy too..
    wasn't pecking....but I am a rooster, not a hen....:bounce:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    shotgun with beanie bags would take some steam out of his sails....

You gonna shoot a perp in the middle of the night breaking into your house with bean bags.....didnt think so.

Love all the monday morning quarterbacking in the responses. Most from people who have never beem in a situation like this or never will be. Its VERY easy to say what you would do....however most wont remember what they did if they ever have to pull the trigger.....

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The justification for use of lethal for does not always mandate immediate application or in this case re application. It can be a rollercoaster ride in milliseconds or several minutes. The end result is what matters, the path to it is always cluttered by pro and cons in review.

A Threat can be broken down: does it have a demonstrated means, motive and oppertunity? Degradation of any of these changes the level of threat. After the BG was shot but not stopped, was the threat degraded? Didn't it continue to degrade as time passed? IMHO

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You gonna shoot a perp in the middle of the night breaking into your house with bean bags.....didnt think so.

Love all the monday morning quarterbacking in the responses. Most from people who have never beem in a situation like this or never will be. Its VERY easy to say what you would do....however most wont remember what they did if they ever have to pull the trigger.....

doc, I was not commenting on his use of a gun, I would have shot the guy too, more than once....I was just commenting that AFTER he was shot and did not stop, a visit from the beanbags would be preferable to a lethal 2nd or 3rd shot...

and it was in the middle of the day on the street, not the night in a house...all bets are off in the home, I will shoot to kill

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If lethal force is justified and used and the perp still does not stop. No way would I switch to a non lethal weapon. If the perp kept coming that would further cement his/her intent to do me harm and further justify my continued use of deadly force

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    yupper

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom