• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wimbledon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've noticed a few things while browsing the web for firearm related items, on Gander Mountains website. A little too pricey for my skin.

I recently went in with a buddy who was looking for some fishing gear, and decided to browse at some firearms they had. Looking at ammo was a bit expensive. I'm surprised they didn't charge just to look at 5.56 and 308. Definitely more expensive.

I went to their "used gun" section. Man, some really solid pistols and rifles for great prices. I spotted a beretta 92fs that was in mint condition on the outside, so I decided to take a look on the inside. It was perfect. I did a serial number check and found the pistol was made in 1994. Looks like someone just bought it to gaze at it in a trophy case and left it there for 20+ years. With a price tag of $429.00 why not? Took it to the range immediately. 300 rds through it flawlessly.

Don't get hokey about expensive ads. Check out their used section. Glock 21s and 17s with trijicons for 449, other pistols of the same quality for less or a bit more. I've found most of the used variety to be about 150-200 dollars under new price. Definitely worth taking a look at. They offer a 2 year warranty on pistols for an extra thirty bucks. Can't go wrong with that.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Couldn't agree more. Slim picking though, and they're really proud of the plastics in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    There was a great deal for a sweet model 60 a while back. Good to keep keen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    This surprises me. Every time I've ever been in there, the used guns were sky high.
    I quit looking.

Wimbledon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welldoya. I thought the same thing. Something must have changed because there are some great guns going for good prices in there.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I must not be looking in the right place. I have never seen a good deal on firearms in Gander Mt. I was in there about a week ago and although I did not scan the entire pistol/revo cases I did not see anything that caught my eye as a good deal. This also in the used long gun section.

I'll try again and look at 'em all next time. --- SAWMAN

chud

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was at the Gander Mountain looking at their 'used' rack one day, they had an 870, for $250. Brand new, no way it had even been fired, not a scuff or evidence of a round thru it. The counter guy even did a double take, checked the numbers, and verified it was selling as used. I was about to buy it, when he mentioned they had the box in the back. When he went and got it, it turns out it was a combo gun, with both the rifled slug barrel and the vent rib with the changeable choke. He was shaking his head as he rung it up.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I dont see how they will stay open long term. I think ive seen one good gun deal and the ammo is always overpriced. Academy is right up the road with cheaper prices and a lot of local FFL dealers here with great prices you would think they would be more competitive. i work at SSH basically across the street and their parking lot is always empty.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I agree. They won't be open long.
    A co-worker bought a Glock 43 there, just because she didn't know any better. I think she paid $600.
    I told her that Mike's had them on sale for something like $479 (can't remember the exact amount) and she should go make them price-match, which she did.
    There are only so many newbs in town to make a killing off of and it will catch up to them one day.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you underestimate the power of instant gratification, there are tons of people out there that are completely OK with paying higher premiums for goods that will leave with them at the store.
    I am kind of that way when buying cars. I could care less about haggling for a better deal, I see a vehicle I want and if it is priced at a price I'm willing to pay and checks out when I inspect it then I buy it. If its not in my price range I don't even give it a 2nd thought.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MorrisMT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They do offer price matching on any firearm plus 10% of the difference in prices for any gun seller within 100 miles of the store.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The way I look at that is I'm going to give my business to the store that gives me a good deal right off the bat, not to the one that first tries to rip me off.
    So, let's say they are $100 more than Academy, which they usually are. I'm going to go Academy. It's not worth $10 to me when Academy was straight with me to being with.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure being a newb has a lot to do with buying overpriced guns and knowing few other options. However, the impact of buying 1 pistol to have in the home as I'm sure so many do, has a lot less of an impact than someone with several. I try to steer people away from certain dealers and direct them to others, but not all listen.

Last edited:

Scardog7

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When they have sales like they do today for $25 off of a $100 purchase, their prices are the best around. Assuming, you limit the purchase to the $100, of course. So, that works well with ammo.

Yesterday, they had 22lr ammo (Winchester 100 round box) for $7.99. Limit two boxes. If you had other needs that got you to $100, then, that effectively gets you to $5.99 per box before tax.

I passed as I am not in need of 22lr. I did buy shotgun shells, however. So, don't completely write off GM. Just hit the right sale times.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There was a 20% off coupon popping up on here so I figured maybe I would buy a Smith and Wesson Sport. I did the math.
    Still $25 more than Mike's sale price and at least $50 - $100 more than I can order it on-line.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Was in there today. A real dummy behind the gun counter.
    Asked to see an AR. Asked him what chambering it was. He took a good long look then said ....... "Well it can be anything I guess. It sez right here,multi cal". I sez ....... "no,what ammo does it shoot". He sez ....... "I really don't know,all of them I guess".
    I screamed and went running out of the store. Where in the eff do they find these people ??? Most likely Jiffy Lube or Toys R Us. ---- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom