• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looking to add suppressor to Rem700 sps 300BLK, used an AAC with horrible results in accuracy... looking at direct thread possibly the Harvester 30.... opinions???

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Talk to Nate at Little Jack's Guns. He handles several different brands.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't have much on hand. I've not shot the harvester personally but have transferred a couple. Haven't heard any complaints.

Which AAC did you use? How was it mounted? I've got a SDN-6 that will give me 1.5" with ozark reloads at 100. That was with a 51t muzzle brake mount.

I've got a Templar archangel you're welcome to try if we can meet up at the range. PM pigman about his 300tm too.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Love my Archangel and have a Sandman Ti in jail.
    The Archangel is $$ but so worth it.
    The Sandman's are hot shit right now. Should be in the $700 range.
    Both are DT.

I don't think you'd have a problem with any of the major brands. Harvester, Omega, DA, LDSP, etc.
    When I get a day off, if you want to shoot the Archangel we can hit SRSC. But mines in .308.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Talk to Nate at Little Jack's Guns. He handles several different brands.

Agree. I had Nate order my last and 5th suppressor the YHM Ti QD rated up to 300 Win Mag and YHM offers all kinds of different QD mounts in just about any thread pitch you may need. I even got a QD for my Browning A-Bolt .30-06 which had the BOSS System on it and YHM had a QD to match that thread. I was pretty impressed. Nothing but good things to say about the can.

Forgot to add I use this Can on my 10.5" SBR 300 Blackout with very good results.

14623023399723_zpsawiazg9y.jpg

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've found that sometimes a particular suppressor model and a particular firearm DO NOT "PLAY" TOGETHER WELL. I have 2 30 cal suppressors, so I try each to see which plays well with a new rifle. You are welcome to meet with me and try my Gemtech Quicksand and Crux Ark30 on your Remington. I also have the Remington M700 in Blackout. It likes my Quicksand, but I've never tried the Ark30 on it. Ark30 is direct thread.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    +1 with what Bruce said about pairing a suppressor and rifle. For whatever reasons, some work better together then others.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    thanks for the replies..... The suppressor used is the AAC7.62SD... I couldnt get any grouping with it but rifle groups without it.. Im aware of POI shift but thats not the case here.. looking to eliminate the brake attachment as its really unnecessary as this rifle will be dedicated suppressed...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've got some 51t minutes that lockup real tight and some that wobble. There was mention of sanding down the threads on the mounts to tune mount to get a good lock up but I've not tried it myself.

How bad were the groups?

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sorry for the delay, was diving yesterday.... no consistancy in the grouping. would be everywhere on 8" target @ 100.. a few even missed the target at 100 yrds... no sign of bullet strike on the baffles and rifle shot well without... was two types of Rem factory subsonic ammo 220 gr... same bad results... was told by AAC to thread supp til stopped & back up so there is little "wobble" they reccommended sending the suppressor back, Nate Id ask the process to do so, this is a suppressor we got from you. Jeremy uses this on his SBR & AAC also said not a great suppressor for accuracy but should get +- 2" @100... I felt the brake just give a opportuinity for less than secure mount & dampers accuracy so I'd look for a thread on.... what do you have in stock? I also emailed SilencerCo about their SPEQ program eligibility... waiting to hear back...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To send it back I'd double check with AAC but you should be able to send it direct with appropriate copies of the Form 4.

Have you tried any supers? The subs without the can on?

All I've got on hand is a saker 556 and a Gemtech g5-22.

The 41-t push had made it hard to get anything.

I thought precision Tactical was a speq dealer. I asked recently but was too close to them to get setup.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    was going to the range to try the loads with a chrony and hit a few hand loads as well in near future... this is my intro to "subs", are they that bad & inconsistent in accuracy?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've not shot subs much past 25. That accuracy seems really bad regardless of velocity. Just wondering if it's the rounds and not the can. I'd be interested to see how they shoot without it on.

I had to do some serious trouble shooting on one of my rifles to figure out why it wasn't grouping well. Different ammo, different scopes, gas settings, can on, can off etc

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just heard back from SilencerCo, I'm good on the Speq and they're looking for a dealer nearby... I threw a shout out to you Nate hoping they'd add you to the list...

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont have the email but I think, pretty sure, they are extending the SPEQ to anyone with a DD214 for the month of May. Just FYI to anyone reading this.

Top Bottom