• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a good shop to do some work on my truck (starting with the installation of a suspension leveling kit). Any suggestions? Thanks!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462398418.480014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462398418.480014.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462398418.480014.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 403

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Vannoy's on 9th Ave installed my leveling kit. It was pretty basic and nothing crazy though. Basically just new adjustable shocks and struts that raised the front end 2 inches.

Not sure what other kind of work you are talking about. Mechanical or accessory type stuff? Penton's did a great job for me on leather seats a few years back as well.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, I'm kinda wondering if I should do the leveling or just go straight to a lift. But at the very least, start with a leveling kit, and 35's on stock rims, which will require new gearing and speedometer calibration.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What does your truck have for gearing now, 3.55? You can get by with that for 35's, might feel a little more sluggish but it will turn them just fine.
    I wouldn't be trying to stuff a 35 in with just a level though. Usually with a stock wheel you will need to run a spacer to keep from rubbing on the UCA and by doing that you will then run into rubbing on the outside of the wheel well liner/ bumper and have to trim that up and there is a good chance you will still experience rubbing on full wheel lock.
    33s IMO look much better and are usually less of a headache when running a level.
    A programmer can help you squeeze out a little power to help turn the 35s and will also let you input tire sizes to change your speedo.
    I don't remember if it actually recalibrated it on the dash but I always used the programmer screen for my gauges anyways.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    there was a thing for jeeps that was $100..you tell it what size tires you went to and it corrects the speedometer. my jeep came stock with 28s and i had 35s at one point..speedo was wayyyyy off lol.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Leveling kit runs a couple hundred, a suspension lift would be a couple grand. I like the fabtech 6" lift on my truck but a leveling on yours would probably work out great. Especially if you're looking at 33-35" tires.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I put a 2" level and a 2" block in the back. I bought the autospring front and rear kit and then had Mike Ryan's Truck assy place do the install. Came out great. I also put the 33" BF KO2's Tires on the 15 F150. I did not go to much bigger with the tires because I did not want the speedo off to much. You can always get the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator and fix that if you really change the tire size.

I also installed myself the Bilstein 5100's shocks in the rear and the Ride Control Air Bags w/ the Wireless One Kit.

21kl7pg.jpg

14624017930610_zpscsjnyek6.jpg

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BF Goodrich just came out with a 34/10.5//17 in the All-Terrain KO2. I put them on my Tundra with a 2 inch suspension lift and thought it came out perfect. Fills the wheel well just right and no rubbing on stock rims which I liked better than aftermarket options and wanted to keep.

I personally don't like the look of needlessly wide tires sticking out past fender wells and had been hoping for this size tire for a while. Those 12.5 inch wide 35's will gain you nothing but poorer MPG and ride quality. I don't understand the trend of "off-road tires" with huge 18,19, & 20inch rims that reduce the size of the sidewall which you want as much of as possible to cushion the blow from bumps and rocks. Not to mention it's a liability in any off-roading situation in which you may have to air down.

Might be something to look into if you want a moderately lifted and level look but don't want to make too many altercations to the geometry of your suspension system which brings all sorts of alignment and ride quality issues into play.

Can't imagine you want a rough riding truck coming from that Caddy.

b6db4afd6a6e4d724cc6becbb8dfcda7.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I think I'll duplicate Ken's setup, that is really sharp and tasteful. Well done, Sir! I'll contact you for specific questions.
    Thanks GCGF!

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good choice that truck looked great with the 33's and moderate 2 inches of lift and you can't go wrong with the Bilstein 5100's.

Top Bottom