• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fast Eddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just picked up a 1962 Belgian Browning A5 from the original owner (no box or paper work). The bluing is like new and is perfect and spotless, the stock and forearm are also immaculate. There are a few small chips in the FN butt plate but nothing major at all. This gun is in almost perfect condition. It has had maybe one box of shells through it at the most. The action is strong and everything is nice and tight. I don't yet know what choke it is or how to tell, there are no standard markings indicating the choke, but it has a 28 inch barrel w/o vent rib. I picked it up for $700. Based on the prices and conditions of similar A5's on Gun Broker, I think I did really well but I would like to hear from some of you Browning guys.

Fast Eddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks. I did figure out how to determine the chokes. This one has a modified which was denoted by 2 asterisk (**).

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking back in 1962 they where running around the $200.00 range, bought my Light 12 full choke in early 70 and paid $275.00 are somewhere around that figure and still have it, so you didn't do to bad on it.

Fast Eddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The lady I bought it from said that she bought it for her husband for an anniversary present and paid $300. in 1962. Back then $300. was a nice chunk of change for a shotgun. I am just so impressed that it is still in such good condition.

Top Bottom