• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got my new shipment of training rounds in, these hold up to hard use , these are what I'm planning on using in a carb. class that I'm working on . just my 5 cents jj

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty. We ran the hard orange 12 ga plastics in rem 870s and the softer orange 38Spl, then 40S&W and .223. They got a lot of wear with 600 slots each year. They showed wear but never had a failed rim or failure to cycle.

For personal use I just make dummies, paint the rims red and glue in small mech pencil erasurs in the primer pocket. For 12 ga I bought aluminum snap caps.

I have no idea what your training is but on the 12 ga you may need a full mag cap plus a round each for combat and tactial reloading .

Never had to clean the plastic like on those brass cases. Lol.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a lot of dummies that I have made, but got some safety issue's that have had in the past and present , when you are running drill's and have live round go off, look it things in a difference way. It is all so less stress on the ejector, do to the weight, were having the ejector brake in the shotgun's when running them in the academy class's, and remember I deal with a lot of people that I have to teach them how to load and unload. Just my 5 cents jj

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oops! We neve allowed live ammo in the class or range until we were ready to go hot. Everybody was downloaded at the tube and baggied their duty rounds which were marked and put in a unit. Only the Range Master stayed "hot" and he could not teach. Had a full time trainer who was also on TERT, ND in the locker room after an event. He resigned his TERT position, lost all his certs, desk duty for a year then had to complete FTO again and basic firearms qual. It could have been worse.

Good luck in your en devours.

Top Bottom